Thread: Another simple snake game (no OOP)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybermonkey View Post
    Please note, for compiling the lazutf8sysutils unit is needed which usually not comes with a plain FPC installation.
    Hello! Thank you for your code. In fact, the LazUtf8SysUtils unit doesn't seem to be used.

Very nice program! I think I will copy your high scores management code.

The graphic input routine is also very useful. Where did you take these key values ? Aren't there constants declared somewhere for these values ?

Code:
        if (key <> 8) and (key <> 13) and (key <> 18432) and (key <> 19712) and
          (key <> 19200) and (key <> 20480) and (key <> 15104) and (key <> 15360)

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Chastain View Post
    Very nice program! I think I will copy your high scores management code.

The graphic input routine is also very useful. Where did you take these key values ? Aren't there constants declared somewhere for these values ?

Code:
        if (key <> 8) and (key <> 13) and (key <> 18432) and (key <> 19712) and
          (key <> 19200) and (key <> 20480) and (key <> 15104) and (key <> 15360)
    I can't remember anymore ... Maybe I wrote a simple program which outputs the values. At least it isn't on my harddisk anymore.
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Maybe I wrote a simple program which outputs the values. At least it isn't on my harddisk anymore.
    I see. Thank you for your answer.

By the way, maybe I can advertise my Lua interpreter in this case.
    It's completely made with Free Pascal and the ptcgraph unit. You can find it on the following site: http://cmlua.retrogamecoding.org/

Here's a little demonstation

Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

By the way, maybe I can advertise my Lua interpreter in this case.
    No you should create a new thread in "Your projects" section for this instead. Post about LUA interpreter is actually off-topic in here and will thus probably be overlooked by most people.
    By creating a separate thread you maximize the chance for other people to learn about the existence of your LUA interpreter. And I think several members of PGD will be very interested in it since they have desire to add LUA scripting support to their games/game engines.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Chastain View Post
    Hello! Thank you for your code. In fact, the LazUtf8SysUtils unit doesn't seem to be used.
    Actually you are right. Strange enough, I thought I need it for gettickcount64 ...
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey