Thread: dRezEngine

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

dRezEngine

WHY
    After months of working on this project, I'm at a point where I can actually start working on the game (I think). The goal was to make a 2d engine that would allow me to create the whole game with minimal dependencies. I took my 10+ year engine and modernized it while adding some missing features. I was take advantage of an existing and stable code base as well as incorporate tech developed over the past few years. Its free for both commercial/non-commercial use for anyone that wants to use it. My goal in releasing it at this point is to get some feedback to see how well it work on different configurations. It's feature set was built to manage whatever project that I'm currently working on. At this stage it has all the features needed to complete the shoot'em up project that working on (planning stages at the moment).

OVERVIEW
    dRez Engine™ is a 2D game engine for PC's running Microsoft Windows® and uses Direct3D® for hardware accelerated rendering. It's robust, designed for easy use and suitable for making all types of 2D games and other graphic simulations.

You access the features from a simple and intuitive procedural API to allow you to rapidly and efficiently develop your graphics simulations. There is support for buffers, textures, sprites, sound, archives, tweeting, IAP, databases, remote high scores, video playback and much more.

You can also use the thin, object oriented layer to manage your game projects in a more structured, OOP manner. You can define your game in terms of actors, where these active live and are managed on an actor list. These actors can interact by sending messages and do collisions. All of this can be encapsulated into an application using the game class.

FEATURES
    • Made in Delphi, for Delphi developers
    • Procedural low-level access plus higher level thin OOP framework
    • Uses SDL2 2D hardware rendering
    • Uses 32bit surfaces and textures
    • Free scaling, rotation, alpha blending and other special effects
    • Windowed and fullscreen desktop modes
    • Frame based timing support
    • Memory mapped buffer support
    • Zip archive support (resourced loaded from archive or file system)
    • TrueType font support
    • Graphic primitives (lines, circles, rects, points)
    • Advanced polygon rendering (scale, rotate, control line segment visibility)
    • Advanced sprite management
    • Polypoint collision system for fast precise collision detection
    • Mouse and keyboard input management
    • Unified audio system with support for WAV, MP3, MID, OGG, MOD, IT, S3M and XM music formats
    • Comprehensive math routines (vectors, angles, line intersection, clipping)
    • Log file support
    • SQL database support (MySQL local & remote, SQLite local only)
    • High-level support for Entities
    • Basic networking (reliable UDP)
    • Tweet (with media) directly to a twitter account
    • IAP support (in-app purchase using stripe.com)
    • Includes dRezArc, an archive utility for making compressed zip archives for use in your game
    • Includes dRezPathEd, an object path editing utility for making object paths for use in your game

MEDIA

SOCIAL MEDIA

Last edited by drezgames; 25-06-2018 at 01:19 AM.