Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delphi® - Community Edition - Free Download

Delphi® - Community Edition - Free Download

Free Full-Featured Delphi IDE for Creating Native Cross-Platform Apps

For the first time ever, we are launching a full-featured Community Edition. It is a path for new developers to experience the amazing capabilities of Embarcadero's developer tools. Provided free of charge to our community of freelance developers, startups, students and non-profits earning less than $5000 USD in revenues, Delphi and C++Builder Community Edition provide a full-featured IDE for building iOS, Android, Windows and macOS apps from a single Delphi or C++ codebase (with a limited, commercial use license).

DOWNLOAD

You can read more about it here.
    Last edited by drezgames; 18-07-2018 at 06:01 PM.

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was just going to post about this but you beat me to it

This is great news in my opinion.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Haha, yes, very good news indeed. I hope it will reignite and foster that type of community that I remember back in the day.

Seems as people has become crazy with this: Embarcadero's web site doesn't work properly.
    No signature provided yet.

Wasn't there already some kind of handicapped starter edition? I remember testing it and debugger wasn't working

Quote Originally Posted by laggyluk View Post
    Wasn't there already some kind of handicapped starter edition? I remember testing it and debugger wasn't working
    Yes there was. It was called a starter edition. And it was heavily limited on its features. In fact if you would omit some modern language features that it supported feature-vise it was pretty similar to Delphi 6 or Delphi 7 personal editions. So on my opinion it was actually so limited that it was insulting.

The Community Edition of Delphi is feature-vise pretty close to Professional Edition. Which I think it is good because now new developers will be able to get pretty good idea of what Delphi actually offers. Now they are still limited on how big revenue they can be earning before they are forced to upgrade to Professional Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    Yes there was. It was called a starter edition. And it was heavily limited on its features. In fact if you would omit some modern language features that it supported feature-vise it was pretty similar to Delphi 6 or Delphi 7 personal editions. So on my opinion it was actually so limited that it was insulting.

The Community Edition of Delphi is feature-vise pretty close to Professional Edition. Which I think it is good because now new developers will be able to get pretty good idea of what Delphi actually offers. Now they are still limited on how big revenue they can be earning before they are forced to upgrade to Professional Edition.
    Ok, cool

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    It = (THE Pro version + mobile) - (remote database connectivity + enterprise features). It even includes the command-line compiler + lib source, which starter did not. So no real limits in terms of capabilities of the product, mainly limits that relates to license and usage. When you are required to upgrade to a paid version of say pro, the major changes are the license restrictions being lifted. Good move for the community as a whole I think, like you said to get an idea of what it can do with all the features developers come to expect.
    Last edited by drezgames; 19-07-2018 at 08:40 PM.

Not so great after all, installed it, says 367 days remaining in launcher, faq says: "free 1 year term license is provided"

Quote Originally Posted by laggyluk View Post
    Not so great after all, installed it, says 367 days remaining in launcher, faq says: "free 1 year term license is provided"
    365 days, you have a full year there. That is how the license in the ide will show as counting down in days. As you close to end, you will start to see a notice about time to renew. You click and will be taken to a page to renew for another year (365 days) using the latest release at the time.
    Last edited by drezgames; 20-07-2018 at 01:47 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast