I'm not saying that US is doing a good thing, but hey do you know how people live in Iraq. They have lots of oil, but aren?¢_Tt getting anything from it, because of Sadams government. Uneducated, poor people can be controlled and convinced that US is responsible for all their troubles much easier. What they are taught at schools is not much more then using AK-47 and why Americans are evil. Lifepower, do you watch CNN, most people go about their business and aren?¢_Tt that unhappy about this war. They aren?¢_Tt really free now, I?¢_Tm not sure, but I think it's even illegal to use the internet there. Look even at Afghanistan, US 'freed' it and now buys oil from them at normal prices. Infact people in Iraq will probably live better after the war. US's goal is to eliminate a threat, they think that unhappy nation produces unhappy leaders which are dangerous and happy people cause no threat, so they strive to make 'freed' countries happier. Look at Japan, US put lots of money into it and now its prospering and has no wish for war. I find worlds politics funny: Russia shouts stop the war, while they are at war with the Chechens, France wants to show off and look important as always (like when accepting Britain into the EU) and who knows what Germany wants to achieve.
Lifepower you think Sadam wants to live in peace? Weapon inspectors did find missiles with range capabilities which exceeded those allowed by UN resolutions, if Iraq wasn?¢_Tt going to attack then why build missiles which break UN resolutions? Yes war is a bad thing, but hey, Iraq produces terrorists (Sadam even offers help to them), which threaten more innocent people then this war.