Thread: New Place For Chat

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

New Place For Chat

If you guys fancy a chat, I've setup a Discord server which you can join here:-

Athena's Pad

Feel free to drop in and chat
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

What does Discord so cool that everybody uses it?

I think I'll test it...
    No signature provided yet.

Discord seems to be a nice mix between live messaging programs like Skype supporting both one one one or group chatting using multiple channels.
    It also have VoIP capabilities including group VoIP so you can chat with others using your voice instead of just typing.
    Another nice feature of Discord is that it allows easy connection with your streaming/capturing applications so you can easily share you screen with others even when you are playing games. This has made it especially popular amongst game developers as you can play the game and show them in what scenarios some bugs might happen.
    I have also seen Discord even being used by some companies for online tutorials about using of their software.

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It certainly seems to be feature rich, and thus far I think there's been more chat on there than there was on the IRC server
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

I used it some years ago when I played Even Online in fleet (even if I don't chat really), it was pretty good.
    For sure it is a good upgrade vs the dusty IRC I just registered and added your channel, or whatever they call it.
    Current (and lifetime) project: FAR Colony
    https://www.farcolony.com/