Thread: Knights Province

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Knights Province

Hi all,

Just a quickie... in my streaming adventures I've had the pleasure of meeting the developer of this fine looking game.

https://www.knightsprovince.com/

It's developed with Delphi, it looks great and plays well. Still a work in progress, but definitely worth checking out.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Looks interesting. Gives me an old-school vibe (well, compared to games of today).
    Last edited by de_jean_7777; 07-01-2020 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Missing words :D
    Existence is pain

Quote Originally Posted by de_jean_7777 View Post
    Looks interesting. Gives me an old-school vibe (well, compared to games of today).
    Of course it gives you and old-school vibe since it is heavily inspired by an old-school game named Knights and Mrchants.
    In fact this same author has made remake of this old-school game (https://www.kamremake.com/) which is actually quite popular. if you visit its website you can see that they are usually between 20 to 30 servers being online hosting numerous multiplayer game sessions. And this is something that could not be done using original game easily as it is hard to even firing it up on a moder computer and even much harder to maintain a stable multiplayer session.
    And yes the KAM Remake is also made using Delphi

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    Of course it gives you and old-school vibe since it is heavily inspired by an old-school game named Knights and Mrchants.
    In fact this same author has made remake of this old-school game (https://www.kamremake.com/) which is actually quite popular. if you visit its website you can see that they are usually between 20 to 30 servers being online hosting numerous multiplayer game sessions. And this is something that could not be done using original game easily as it is hard to even firing it up on a moder computer and even much harder to maintain a stable multiplayer session.
    And yes the KAM Remake is also made using Delphi
    Oh, cool. I'm afraid I've missed out on KAM. But I do love when people remake old games or adapt them for modern PCs (epecially if source is available like Warzone 2100).
    Existence is pain

Downloaded and tested. A nice game, even that I wasn't able to run the second part of the tutorial (I'll try again later).

Also, it works on Linux+Wine.
    No signature provided yet.