Thread: Go-flavored Pascal: now with Raylib bindings

Lightbulb Go-flavored Pascal: now with Raylib bindings

By replacing the heavyweight Delphi-style OOP with a much simpler method/interface model inspired by Go, I have written an extremely compact (~10000 lines) self-hosting Pascal compiler for Windows. It can be viewed as an implementation of Russ Cox's thought:

"If I could export one feature of Go into other languages, it would be interfaces."

The compiler directly emits native x86 code and doesn't require any external assembler or linker. It can be easily embedded into larger software systems and used for educational purposes, e.g., as a playground for language design amateurs.

Integration with the Raylib 2D/3D game development library has become the first sign of maturity for my compiler.

maze_copy.jpg

Cool.

Is it able to use DLL files? If so maybe it can use Allegro.pas as well...
    No signature provided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
    Cool.

Is it able to use DLL files? If so maybe it can use Allegro.pas as well...
    Surely it is able to use them, since both Windows kernel and Raylib are given as DLLs. But XD Pascal does not currently support Int64, so I cannot use Allegro.pas right now.

I've seen the compiler posted on reddit, it is impressive in its own right. What would you say is so useful in interfaces in pascal? what do they make better?
    This is my game project - Top Down City:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...y-Topic-Reboot

My OpenAL audio wrapper with Intelligent Source Manager to use unlimited:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...source+manager

Quote Originally Posted by JernejL View Post
    I've seen the compiler posted on reddit, it is impressive in its own right. What would you say is so useful in interfaces in pascal? what do they make better?
    If compared to the original, non-OOP Pascal, interfaces provide virtual functions. If compared to OOP versions of Pascal like Delphi or FPC, interfaces are much simpler yet almost as powerful as the inheritance-based OOP model.