Thread: GLSpeed - Remake and expansion pack of the DOS game "Speed Haste" coded in Pascal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
    Really impressive. I wonder if it works on Linux+Wine (I didn't have time now to test).

I've dove a little in the sources and... does it uses DooM engine? What? I mean, what?

Indeed, despite that it is a totally different game genre, its core engine is DelphiDoom. Of course the player's control and car's AI was coded from scratch. By using DelphiDoom I had the advantage of making the expansion pack using common editing tools of the Doom engine, using the native DelphiDoom's map format. I only used the C original source code as a guide to build an extra layer to read the speedh.jcl data file. At first I considered the option to recreate the game using the original source code, but by using DelphiDoom source code as a base I was able to finish the project in less time, without worrying for any engine-related issues.

Wow, I like the screenshots and considered to give it a try. The hassle of getting a shareware made not to proceed, but impressive work.