Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
If you have each Subsystem in separate unit then your second code example actually seems more intuitive as you get clear information on which unit has defined certain object type. It also gives you ability to have different units for different platforms.
That's just why I asked. Since I put each Subsystem in separate unit I feel it is natural to use the unit name instead of prefixes and suffixes. I just wonder why it isn't used a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi View Post
Naming conventions... ARGH!
Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi View Post
I would say do whatever makes it work for you. We adapt to the different naming/organisation conventions and I personally don't really have a preference. I've tried numerous approaches and concluded some time in the future that they were all clunky or less than optimal. Now I just do what feels right at the time, although I don't publish a lot of code.
That's my fear: What if it is clunky. I know it may be less than optimal since you have to write more, and it would be prone to mistakes if calling a procedure that has the name duplicated in several units without the unit name (i.e. the "Init" method). If there were a way to force to write the unit name...