Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SDL for Delphi + Other Useful Libraries

SDL for Delphi + Other Useful Libraries

SDL

Simple DirectMedia Layer for Delphi

Pascal bindings that allow you to use SDL and other useful libraries with Delphi.

Included

Minimum Requirements

Usage

You simply add SDL to your uses section and everything will be linked in your executable, ready for use with no DLLs to maintain. You will have direct access to all the aforementioned libraries.

Support

Made with ❤️ in Delphi
    Last edited by drezgames; 31-12-2021 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drezgames View Post
    Happy new year all!
    Happy new year!

Good work. Personally do not use SDL, but it's good to know when someone needs the headers. Do these work with FPC?
    Existence is pain

Quote Originally Posted by de_jean_7777 View Post
    Happy new year!

Good work. Personally do not use SDL, but it's good to know when someone needs the headers. Do these work with FPC?
    Thx! They were made for Delphi, and I've not tested with FPC. Of the top of my head, you would have to remove ReportMemoryLeaksOnShutdown, and remove the dotted unit names in the uses sections and use replacement routines for the ones I call from System.IOUtils and in theory it should work. It's win64 only.

Hi Jarrod,

I wonder what happened to the SDL2 repo, it seems to be gone. At least the links are 404'ing.

Best regards
    Matthias

It works for me. Maybe they had an issue.
    No signature provided yet.

Same here. And when I check tinyBigGAMES profile on GitHub here is only one public repository in their profile and that is topazgamelib

After searching on internet it seems that SDL component suite moved tohttp://www.lohninger.com/sdlindex.html

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    After searching on internet it seems that SDL component suite moved tohttp://www.lohninger.com/sdlindex.html
    I wonder if this SDL component suite has anything to do with the SDL package of tinyBigGAMES which doesn't seem available anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    I wonder if this SDL component suite has anything to do with the SDL package of tinyBigGAMES which doesn't seem available anymore?
    Actually I'm not sure any more. After further checking I see SDL component suite is a commercial product while I clearly remember it being free in the past if not even open source. Perhaps original authors decided to change their licencing. That might explain why this got removed from GitHub.

It's still there and free. Note it only works on win64 and not tested with FreePascal only Delphi, though I'm sure it should work, maybe a few tweaks are required.
    https://github.com/tinyBigGAMES/SDL
    Last edited by drezgames; 17-09-2022 at 10:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast