Quote Originally Posted by Jonax View Post
And that AI building is quite a challenge. I'm afraid I have never dabbled in AD but the game concept seems like one that could be fitting for AI.
You got scared because i mentioned AI. You shouldn't have. In fact I'm willing to bet that if I would have not mentioned AI you might be now trying to implement the algorithm that I suggested.
Not every AI is super complex and difficult to implement. In fact this game seems suitable for one of the most most simple AI implementations. In fact you already have few parts of it already written. Which parts? The code that is used for clearing every exposed blocks of selected color and code that counts of how many of these blocks were removed. You just need a few more logical connections and you get everything that you need for my proposed algorithm.
If you wish I could try and guide you through the process of making this algorithm. And since you basically in the same time-zone as I'm We could perhaps even make a video-call using Skype or Discord. I probably won't have any time tomorrow but I guess I could fine some time this Sunday for this.

I wasn't aware about the Inno Setup Delphi connection.
I believe that the sheer fact that it was made with Delphi also lead to it being shipped with Delphi by default.
Do you know that for some time Inno Setup was considered to be even more stable than the Install Shield which was made by Microsoft and was default installer for most Microsoft programs withe the exception of the Windows itself for years..

Always nice to learn new things. I guess I have to look into those packages and tarballs if those are the linux way to do it. As I come from the windows world I naturally started looking for installers.
I'm still on Windows environment but did tried to dabble with Linux a few times in the past. I'm guessing just enough to at least know where to start looking for more information.