Thread: Grayout -Simple Linux freeware game

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for help and input SilverWarior.

Indeed a nice game concept but I am not the inventor. There are plenty of similar programs around out there. I just made a few improvments, in my opinion. Also this type of program is pretty quick to code, compared to many of the more ambitious projects which tend to never get completed.

As you point out the program can also be compiled for Windows and indeed a few small changes were necessary. Actually I began my computing journey with Microsofts products (MS DOS) a long time ago. I have made a Windows version too but not created any download link.

Recently I have started to explore the Linux world, which seems promising but of course is unfamiliar.

One challenge with Windows programs, IMHO, is the many warnings the user get if they try to install my programs. Of course it's right of Microsoft to point out that people should be careful with what they install, but I'm afraid the average user get scared away. The solution could be to get into Steam or Windows shop but that's easier said than done for independent hobby projects.

Any thoughts on this?
    Last edited by Jonax; 08-03-2022 at 06:02 PM. Reason: grammar