Quote Originally Posted by Jonax View Post
Anyway the situation got to be adressed somehow and hopefully it works decently now.
This one seems to scale properly. I just tried in a virtual machine with Linux Debian installed. So good work.
One advantage of using Viirtual machines is that some software for virtual machines like WMWare actually allows you to set the Gest OP within the virtual machine to have higher resolution than the host machine. This then renders the Gest OS within a scrollable window which isn't very useful for normal use but for testing of how application might look on high resolution monitor it can be quite useful.

Now for some game related observations

Having ball movement slowdown when it comes near to left or right edge is an interesting approach. However I noticed some discrepancy of how the speed of the bal is determined. On the left side the ball slows down as soon as the left side of the ball touches the left white area. But on the right side it only slows down when the whole ball is already in the right white area. This makes me believe that you are controlling speed based on left position of the ball. Instead you should be checking for both lent and right side. Or even better just check the absolute distance from the center of the ball to the left and right white square borders. Or perhaps you could just check to see if the center of the ball is in either of the white squares to simplify calculations.

Also you are detecting to see if ball has left the playfield on player or computer side by checking whether any part of the ball is outside the laying field. This isn't best approach. I had several scenarios where tiny part of the ball passed outside the playing field but if it would continue a bit further it would actually bounce back from my paddle since ball was moving in direction toward the paddle. Again checking to see if center of the ball has gone out of playing field would work much better since before that you would always have a slight chance to bounce the ball back in.