Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MaxDe - physics based game for Linux (64-bit)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonax View Post
    I generally like using the available Lazarus components, when possible. Why invent the wheel again when so much userful stuff is already available?
    I gathered that much already
    As far as I know RadioGroup is a standard component that comes with Lazarus. That is also why I recommended it

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    I gathered that much already
    As far as I know RadioGroup is a standard component that comes with Lazarus. That is also why I recommended it
    RadioGroup is standard in Lazarus too. Very useful, them standard components

About the keys 1-5 for selecting difficulty I actually got a special reason for chosing them.
    Why? It's for the benefit for younger users who may learn/confirm a tiny bit of knowledge from this.
    That is the number (of balls) is 2^(selected key-number). 2¹ = 2, 2²=4, 2³=8, 2⁴=16 and 2⁵= 32.

Not much but this is a game and not a physics and math lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonax View Post
    About the keys 1-5 for selecting difficulty I actually got a special reason for chosing them.
    Why? It's for the benefit for younger users who may learn/confirm a tiny bit of knowledge from this.
    That is the number (of balls) is 2^(selected key-number). 2¹ = 2, 2²=4, 2³=8, 2⁴=16 and 2⁵= 32.
    That is interesting. But using RadioGroup would not deviate from this since RadioGroup buttons would also be marked from 1 to 5.
    Now using of RadioGroup also has another possible advantage. And that is giving you an option to make whole game being controllable by just mouse or perhaps even through touch screen interface (not sure how good is support for these in Lazarus). Modern Delphi versions provide touch support right from the start without any additional code necessary (that is unless you are interested in special.gestures).

@SilverWarior: you are right of course. The game is not playable with mouse only now. Was not the intention when this project started but it turned out that way. I'm not sure I got the time and energy to squeeze in some mouse control option. But I'll keep that in mind. Maybe some options will appear in future revisions of the MaxDe.

I would assume the touching a touch screen gadet is more or less equal to using a mouse, but I figure most of those gadgets runs on android or apple OS anyway. Would be nice to create software for those too but that also got lower priority, because limited time and resources. It's good to learn the Delphi is doing well with touch screen gadets. I have no idea about the status for Lazarus. But that is not yet a problem for me. Still fully occupied making stuff for Linux PC's.

I'm not sure how many more revisions of the MaxDe there will be but I made an attempt to return to previous paler colours and to force the font color to (almost) black.
    How? by assigning the forms an almost black color. Will it work adequately? I hope so but don't know yet. There always seem to be surprises when other users try the software..

Anyway. The latest version is available. Still same name but new checksum of course.

Last edited by Jonax; 05-08-2022 at 09:48 AM. Reason: typo

I'll probably only make minor cosmetic changes, if any, on this program. However I can mention there is already a cheat option. Just click the "Jonax || 2022" icon and the balls will start sorting themselves out. No AI involved. Just pure raw cheat.

About plans for next project. It's all still vague but the idea is to stay with the Demon theme After Maxwell's Demon it's time to do something with the other famous one from the 19th century. Laplace's Demon. Just kidding. Doing the Laplace would be too much, I'm afraid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12