Thread: Site Migrated

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Site Migrated

Hi all,

As you may have noticed the site was unavailable for a while over night as a result of a slightly unplanned server migration. It was unplanned because timescales set by a third party were very short with the old server being taken off-line on this coming Friday... I like to have both servers available for longer if possible... but that's life.

The long and short of it is cost... I was hosting with a UK based company and at the start of this year it was costing me around £41/month (that server hosts all my websites including my business ones so it wasn't too bad). This month, the bill was £121. Suffice to say I can't afford to pay that for a dual core machine with 4 GB so I've moved to OVH and a substantially better machine for significantly less money... still more than I was paying at the start of the year, but this new machine can also run things like my Discord/Twitch bots and the odd game server so it's all good.

Anyhow, if you come across any issues that you think aren't quite right, either report them here or drop me an email (athena at outer hyphen reaches dot com).

Thanks
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Congrats to successful update... I never noticed the site was down.

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It was down for much longer than I would have liked... the latest version of the hosting solution I use didn't include a version of PHP that would run the site so I had to figure out how to sort that out... fun and games
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

glad that you got it working, forum software compatibility and upgrading existing installations to late php versions is a major pain.
    This is my game project - Top Down City:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...y-Topic-Reboot

My OpenAL audio wrapper with Intelligent Source Manager to use unlimited:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...source+manager

Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi View Post
    It was down for much longer than I would have liked... the latest version of the hosting solution I use didn't include a version of PHP that would run the site so I had to figure out how to sort that out... fun and games
    Fun and games.. like solving a Myst puzzle.. No need to spend time on gaming when there is a real World of challenges out there..