Thread: Banned Email Domains (Updated Your Account) and Site Update Plans

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Banned Email Domains (Updated Your Account) and Site Update Plans

For your information.

I have just banned the email domains gmx.com, haribase.com, travellerly.click, onlinenews37.online, mail.ru, list.ru and bk.ru. As part of this, I have deleted all users that were waiting for email confirmation.

New users should be blocked from using these domains to signup. Existing users are being allowed to continue using them for now, I strongly advise that you update your account to use a different mail provider/domain as it is highly likely I will completely ban their use in the near future.

I have started looking at the latest version of vBulletin and at this time, my plan is to upgrade the site to the latest version. I need to look at a few things, but now I have a bit more time, I'm hoping to give the site a bit of TLC.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

I thought I was still using mail.ru (my primary mail of the last ~18 years) but turns out I had switched my account here to gmail.com at some point in time.
    By some reason I have no memories of doing that.

P.S. mail.ru is great in its convenience: no newfangled double checks gmail is notorious for, no "unsafe applications" headache, just connect to their SMTP, with login and password and you can use your account from anything anywhere, including phpmailer running in a testing web-server on your local machine - it connects and sends mail with no hassle.
    [sarcasm] I wonder what could go wrong? [/sarcasm]
    Last edited by Chebmaster; 22-05-2023 at 01:21 PM.

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Indeed... there were over 190 accounts waiting for email verification... and I was getting annoyed constantly being told the email couldn't be delivered... so as they were the only domains that we in the list, it's time for me to wield the ban hammer.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::