Thread: Crossword puzzle - Nordic style

Crossword puzzle - Nordic style

Fellow Pascal Programmers!

Christmas is upon us. I had hoped to be able to show some new game concept, alas that wasn't possible. Maybe next year.

Instead of game programming I spent the fall making a crosswords program. It's not one of those cheat AI programs that construct the actual crosswords but rather some code for handling and presenting input made by real humans.

Since I'm Swedish I mainly make Swedish language crosswords but here comes a first one in English.

The crossword is presented as a huge image file. If you want to print it out, landscape A6 size it suitable.

Enjoy!

P.s. the image may be removed from the webb-host at some later date..

Last edited by Jonax; 23-12-2022 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Minor adjustments

The game programming has been delayed.. but here comes an other Nordic style crossword. The image may be removed from the server at some later time.
    Happy puzzling!

Here the solution as animated GIF.

Merry Christmas, to those who celebrate.

I'm not much in the Crossword games. Also I'm not English native so it's too hard for me to fill one of these.
    No signature provided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
    I'm not much in the Crossword games. Also I'm not English native so it's too hard for me to fill one of these.
    Yeah.. Crosswords are an other cup of tea than game programming. I too am not English native so it's hard for me to make them.

I had hoped to be able to present yet a mini-game in progress, where your feedback will be vital, but unfortunately not yet presentable.

Meanwhile I got an other crossword puzzle. This time some geography skills can really help.

Happy solving!