View Poll Results: What genre of game would be good to make?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • RPG

4 20.00%
  • First-person shooter

1 5.00%
  • Side-scrolly jump-and-run

9 45.00%
  • Games? I thought this was fark.com. Damn!

0 0%
  • Real-time strategy

5 25.00%
  • Shoot-em-up (horizontal or vertical scroller)

0 0%
  • One-on-one fighting (like StreetFighter 2)

1 5.00%
  • Other (specify in the thread):

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game choice

Game choice

Not to throw this off topic or anything, but has anyone ever played Godizilla: Real Time Monster Attack Simulation for the the Sega Saturn. It has to be one of the most under rated RTS games ever made.

You basically play the Japanese military and have to defend Japan from the various invading monsters (each level is a different scenerio taken straight from the movies). Main goals are to try and keep the city in one piece, preserving your resources and man power, and fending off or destroying the attacking monster(s). One of the coolest aspects is when two or more monsters are involved you can orient your units such that they force the monters to battle each other (which is fun to watch).

You really don't even have to be a fan of Godzilla to enjoy the game, though knowing a little Japanese helps since the game was never released for another language. I always thought a similar game might do well for the PC (though obviously the whole Godzilla franchise would be out of the question).
    My DGDev forum pascal syntax highlight settings:
    <br />[background=#FFFFFF][comment=#8080FF][normal=#000080]
    <br />[number=#C00000][reserved=#000000][string=#00C000]

Game choice

If you're into quality monster games, you can't go wrong with Rampage. All that people-eating goodness plus being able to demolish buildings. Lovely!

I can't remember how long I set this poll to run, btw . It's either 7 or 14 days. Ah well, what's life without a few surprises here and there!
    "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind."
    <br />-- Aristotle

Game choice

Ah Rampage! I'd forgotten about that game, how old is that now? I like the idea of remaking it, nice one Alimonster.

Vote [glow=indigo]Side-scrolly jump-and-run[/glow] - you know it makes sense! :mrgreen:

Game choice

Hmm I like side scrollers too (Turrican in mind), but I was pleased with the Gauntlet remake in the other forum ... is that a kind of scroller ? :roll:

Game choice

Quote Originally Posted by Momor
    Hmm I like side scrollers too (Turrican in mind), but I was please with the Gauntlet remake in the other forum ... is that a kind of scroller ? :roll:
    It scrolls so.... yes it is a scroller!! :?

I like the Gauntlet idea too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12