Hi,

I am not a FPC user so i would say no to your first question, if you matrix unit handle most needed matrix operations then yes it should suit for game development.

* If you implemented one yourself, why did you do so?

I found interesting this question, why some one would implement somthing from scracht if somthing already exist?...

I did most my own vector, matrix units first, i think those are stuf that you learn how to do it at the same time you learn for what they are good for; i mean i did not know that i needed to google for an unit that does dot and cross product in vectors until the day i read an article about vector math which teach why those calcs are needed and it also include how to do those calcs; so i think part of the procces of learning those stuf including actually coding those stuff too; i am sure that is why everytime i saw a source coded project released i found they most the time use his own vector and matrix units.

By the way, there is a well know unit called geometry.pas which include matrix and vector procedures but coded in assembler, so most people (like me) could think that should be run lot faster!, so maybe it could be a good idea to copy/paste those version, :roll:

Another reason why i should preffer to code somthing my self is becouse somtimes programmers ARE SO LAZZY for document properly the units they release to the public; they like to give program examples instead; they say "please learn how to use my unit from this ready to run example" instead of of documenting exactly what the procedures are for and what the parameters mean. I preffer to expend two months coding for somthing my self but i will know fully how it works than expend 15 days figuring out more or less how works someone else code but not knowing fully if i am using it properly.

tp