Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FPC4NDS: first raw demo

FPC4NDS: first raw demo

This post to show you the result of a wasted saturday late evening: my first nds demo compiled by freepascal. :mrgreen:
    Only for your eyes, here is a screenshot of the demo (as for the gba, a wonderful red pixel in the middle of the screen!):

In short: it's a demo made using only the compiler, without rtl and without linker script/crt0 (yes, like the gba: stripping out things in the generated asm file )
    Next step is to make a working crt0 and linker script (the step that drove me crazy with gba compiler...) and making a better rtl (the current nds rtl is only a draft made by the gba one).
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Blog Entries

[size=9px]*has a vision of Legolas taking off shirt and start runing round the room waving it around screaming "Wooooooooooooooooooo Woooooooooooooo Yeeeeeeeah!! Woooo"*[/size]

:eh: ...umm, maybe not. :roll:

Nice work!!!

So who is gonna contact Nintendo for certification already?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Legolas you are a legend!
    We need to get the likes of FPC shipping with Consoles!
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    [size=9px]*has a vision of Legolas taking off shirt and start runing round the room waving it around screaming "Wooooooooooooooooooo Woooooooooooooo Yeeeeeeeah!! Woooo"*[/size]

:eh: ...umm, maybe not. :roll:
    Well, something similar... :clown:

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Nice work!!!

So who is gonna contact Nintendo for certification already?
    Unfortunately next steps will be tears'n'blood, so don't expect something working in the short
    I'll need help from other people for asm, crt0 and ]Legolas you are a legend!
    We need to get the likes of FPC shipping with Consoles![/quote]

:think: A limited edition of the NDS with the cheetah logo could be cool...

Any further good news?
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

At this time there is some ferment on fpc svn, because fpk & co. are submitting some deep changes in the sources. The bad thing is that I can't go on (every day too much changes to trace out) until they'll slow down all that updates; the good thing is that fpc himself is applying changes and fixing bugs in the gba stuff

Yesterday I have bought no$gba nds debugger (I'm waiting for the activation key), so hopefully it will help in porting process

Not sure if this is good news or not, but apparently the Nintendo Wii uses a Power PC.

Quote Originally Posted by savage
    Not sure if this is good news or not, but apparently the Nintendo Wii uses a Power PC.
    Yes, and it shares the architecture with the gamecube, so it could be possible to use the gc docs for wii too. Though it's a bit early to think about a wii port... we need at least a way to load homebrew on it, jumping the "genuine check"

i would love to program in pascal for the wii
    legolas, do your magic
    If you save your data in a proprietary format, the owner of the format owns your data.
    <br /><A href="http://msx80.blogspot.com">http://msx80.blogspot.com</A>

Blog Entries

The last time that we tried to get Nintendo to take Object Pascal via Free Pascal to their licensed consoles they "didn't see a benefit" for it. I'm thinking that we need to show them the benefit. Petition anyone?

Of course the Petition could use a few demos of what can be actually done with the GBA, NDS, GameCube and the Wii using FPC... Something impressive I think.

What do you think Sly? Could this be pulled off?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast