Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [D3D] DrawIndexedPrimitive problem

[D3D] DrawIndexedPrimitive problem

While installing DirectX SDK - installer should ask you about installing developer version of DirectX runtime. You should check this option, and after that debug runtime will be installed.

One problem what may arise here: if you have recent version of DirectX already installed - older runtime installation could fail. The only official way to install DX SDK in this case is to install clean version of Win98. Unoffical way - you can try to use one of the available "DirectX uninstallers".
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

It works.. Thank you very much.

I just messed a bit with various DX Developer installations... and now i have the DX9 Developer installed.. and finally the DX icon is visible on my control panel :razz: :razz:

And what's next?? :?
    How can i see the debug output??
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

It's simple:
    1) enable developer runtime in control panel applet
    2) look in Output window while running your program from Delphi.

If you are running not from Delphi you can use any utility what can trap OutputDebugMessage() function messages. There is one on sysinternals.com for example (called something like DebugMon IIRC)

Ah thanx it works.

Still I have two questions:

>>Can i write to this debug-log myself
    >>Where can i find an overview of all the debug messages D3D generates... and maybe a good D3D-Debug guide.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Yaaahoow... Another bug killed :twisted:

My GFX card doesn't seem to support 32bit Indexbuffers. That's the reason why D3D acted weird.
    I didn't know that some GFX cards didn't support 32bit Indices. That's also the reason why it worked on your PC. You just have a better Videocard.

I never ran into such a "hardware-limitation" bug, but i think its a good lesson for me :razz:

BTW: I still like to know the answers of the above questions about D3D debugging

Quote Originally Posted by chronozphere
    Ah thanx it works.
    >>Can i write to this debug-log myself
    >>Where can i find an overview of all the debug messages D3D generates... and maybe a good D3D-Debug guide.
    1) call OutputDebugString()
    2) probably you will not find any complete list; but generally they are self-decriptive and if not just try to search phrase via Google and it will reveal many comments about it.

I never ran into such a "hardware-limitation" bug, but i think its a good lesson for me
    There is a way to check in runtime the hardware capability availables.

http://externalweb.exhedra.com/Direc...R_Lesson02.asp

I was told that in new directx 10 this is no longer required, coz it is mandatory that all dx10 harware videocard support all features included in the API;

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12