Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Garland's Quest

Garland's Quest

Sounds good mate, been awhile since I checked things out here also.

Garland's Quest

Just yesterday I was wondering about the state of Garland's Quest :lol:
    Keep the good work, Jason!
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Garland's Quest

Glad to hear your back to working on GQ WILL. Really a fun game to play. So, how long till I get my beta copy so I can smash holes in it on Win, Lin, and Mac

Blog Entries

Garland's Quest

well what was the last version that you tried out? I forget what the state of the game was with the last public Alpha. Was it Alpha 4?

I just fixed another lingering bug last night too. I think I have only 2 major bugs left to squish then I'm going to be focusing on animation sequences, graphical effects and menus.

Maybe after I've gotten all the major animations in I'll release a new alpha. Beta will come only once I've gotten all the graphics I need in and all animation and main special effects are completed.

Oh and cool thing to note; I've compiled and tested GQ on my girlfriend's 32-bit version of Windows Vista. So Yes to all that want to know, GQ will be available for Vista!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries

Garland's Quest

A little update; I'm currently putting all my graphics into Display Lists (after much deciding of what would be best to do to optimize, that was it... for now) after I've done that to the best of my ability. I'll finish the remaining Enemy animations and effects (Eyeball Man, Bomb Man and a touch-up of the Red & Yellow Drakes).

The game seems to be running a bit smoother except for the Lava glow. Hopefully once I've optimize that a bit it'll run nicer. I'll likely just replace it as I'm not too impressed with how it looks. It's visually not worth the extra processing.

Anyhow the last version was Version Alpha 05 so the next release will obviously be Alpha 06. I'll release this once I've got all the remaining animation above put in and put in a proper password menu gui.

I've already added quite a few new things so it might be an interesting update. Please let me know. Feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Oh and I'll be posting in a new thread altogether to help exposure... stay tuned GQ fans!
    Last edited by WILL; 06-04-2012 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Fixed broken link...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries

Talking

...and you thought Garland's Quest was long gone?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I like it! What engine do you use? Is it based on SDL or OpenGL?
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybermonkey View Post
    I like it! What engine do you use? Is it based on SDL or OpenGL?
    Thanks! I use both SDL and OpenGL for graphics. I have since added all the death and creature animations, plus I'm tinkering with music. I've also added 3D water, but I'm having issues with getting it to display in the background properly. Once that is sorted out I'll be arranging a release of Alpha 7. It only took 3 years.

The game's code is it's own engine. I've built it all from the ground up, nothing borrowed save for the basic APIs I use for graphics and image/music file loading.

Thanks to the efforts of Stoney in helping me get Lazarus working on my Mac, I'll be aiming for a Win/Mac release with a possibility of an iOS release down the road. I've always intended this to be a franchise of mine so other games could easily come out after that, including an actual 3D sequel, should all the other pieces fall into place.

Graphics will be getting an overhaul. Characters will maintain their looks, but be redrawn by another artist. I'd like to up their level of detail since my graphics are of a nice high resolution. (Back when I started, it was actually seen as a wasteful thing. That is to say, pre-HD market. Guess I was thinking ahead. )
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    Here is a preview video of my current progress with Garland's Quest Alpha 7.

Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

It's looking good.
    No signature provided yet.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast