Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Garland's Quest

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by wagenheimer View Post
    Very Nice! It reminds me Eggerland Mystery from MSX! =)
    That was one of the main inspirations of this game at first.

Eventually Garland's Quest became it's own thing and grew it's own themes and own form of game play. At some point I'm going to be raising funds to contract a very talented artist and very skilled musician to redraw and score the game. I'm very excited about how Garland is going to look in a few months time. (My plans and budget permitting!)
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Looking good bro!
    Congrats with it now on Mac OSX!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Paul!

After Alpha 7 is out, you guys won't believe the changes we're going to be making next. It's costing a pretty penny, but the game will look and sound really awesome once I'm done. I'm also going to need the community's help spreading the word once my funding campaign starts.

What you see for graphics now and hear for music aren't even on the same scale of where I'm taking it to.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

looking good.

Are you negotiating with someone right now regarding the gfx and music or is it only on the todo list? I'm wandering if you can give us and idea of what the final game will look like visually.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Blog Entries
    Actually I'm currently in negotiations with the artist right now, but I've already done so with the musician. There isn't really anything to show at the moment, I don't want to tip my hand just yet for obvious reasons.

The main issue with contracting content is that it costs more than I can reasonably afford myself with my own personal income. This is why I'm going out to crowd funding to help fund the game.

I'll say this though. I have Garland's Quest on GitHub and I have a list of a few issues being knocked out one by one. The new water is being fixed up, many of the glitches and small bugs are going bye bye. New game screens are being worked on as we speak. All the effects are in, but a couple will need some tinkering and tweaking.

Stoney is working with me on it as well. In fact he's been helping me with my dev tools a good bit too. Don't think the game would be on Mac yet if it weren't for him so I'm really grateful for that.

I have yet to port over my "Level Maker" aka Level Editor. It still only runs on Windows 32-bit. It will need a total UI redesign since it was created using DelphiX and Delphi 5 or 7. I'll need to dig into this tool sometime in the near future since there will be a couple of added features still to come. Message Scrolls and Nem himself for example.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    Selfish post: You guys are going to fall in love the with new look of the characters. I have already hired the artist on for a few things to get things started and we are doing some great work re-imagining the looks of Garland and Nem.

We are working out some details on Nem's final look and finishing touches to Garland himself. Once the contract we signed is complete, I can show off some of what he has done during out collaboration. It'll feel like a whole new game visually by the end.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Selfish post: You guys are going to fall in love the with new look of the characters. I have already hired the artist on for a few things to get things started and we are doing some great work re-imagining the looks of Garland and Nem.

We are working out some details on Nem's final look and finishing touches to Garland himself. Once the contract we signed is complete, I can show off some of what he has done during out collaboration. It'll feel like a whole new game visually by the end.
    Sweet! Nice...can't wait

Blog Entries
    Wow, it's hard to believe that this game project is over 6 years old!

I've been posting some cool behind the scenes dev bits about Garland's Quest on my twitter (@jkamcmillen) if you are interested or what to see whats behind the curtain, you may want to follow me on Twitter.

I've done so much work in the past few months and it's looking better than ever. Chris (artist) and I have been working out the new theme layout and Zack (musician) has composed the game's main theme. I plan on doing a big reveal this year in my crowd funding campaign. I can use all the support, even if just helping to spreading the word about the project. Even Paul will be chipping in and helping with some level design.

The aim of the campaign is to get a profession level of artwork to envision the world properly and add beauty both visually and with amazingly moving music.

Too soon to show off anything big yet, but the demo that will be available for the campaign will be designed to wow and impress.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Looking forward to the demo

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast