Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Break attack

Break attack

<center></center>

Hi. I'm glad to present my first game in pascal +JEDI-SDL. Its a remake of arkanoid. Its open source, but it is commented in Spanish.

You can download a windows binary
    source code from a Homepage

All comments, reviews, etc post here

Break attack

I tried your game for a while and I think its a good start. All seems to work like it should. There were times I thought the ball was going into a odd direction, though. In any case, you've got the basis covered!
    Now go make more levels and powerups and all

edit: typo fixed

Blog Entries

Break attack

Hey, very cool!

One of my first games was an arkanoid clone too. A great way to start out is with the classics. I moved on to making an advanced version of Pong, but with limited control devices back then, it wasn't that nice to play.

Please keep us up to date on your other and current projects. And welcome to PGD! :thumbup:
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Break attack

Hi.
    Thanks for your comments.
    The only problem I have is to install Jedi-sdl in linux with freepascal. Anybody knows how to do it? Thanks for any advice
    p.s. I have gentoo linux

<br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Break attack

Quote Originally Posted by freenity
    Hi.
    The only problem I have is to install Jedi-sdl in linux with freepascal. Anybody knows how to do it? Thanks for any advice
    p.s. I have gentoo linux
    I installed headers like this. First I copied jedi-sdl.inc and all headers files I needed into one directory. Then I made a FPC makefile and used fpcmake to install headers as package in FPC package tree. Here is the makefile.fpc I used
    Code:
    #
    #	Makefile.fpc for SDL_JEDI for FPC
    #

&#91;package&#93;
    name=JEDI_SDL
    version=1.0

&#91;requires&#93;
    packages_linux=x11
    packages_freebsd=x11
    packages_netbsd=x11
    packages_openbsd=x11
    packages_darwin=x11

&#91;target&#93;
    units=sdl moduleloader sdl_image sdl_mixer sdl_net sdl_ttf smpeg gl glu glut glext
    units_linux=glx
    units_freebsd=glx
    units_netbsd=glx
    units_openbsd=glx
    units_darwin=glx

&#91;install&#93;
    fpcpackage=y

Break attack

Here's a screen shot of Brat running on MacOS X?
    </img>

Initially it did not run because there is an error in the brick generating procedure that causes an "Out of Range" error on MacOS X.

The culprit is the code that initialises the ladrillos array. It should look like this...

[pascal]
    //vaciar la matriz
    for j := 1 to 10 do
    for i := 1 to 13 do
    ladrillos[i][j] := 0;
    [/pascal]
    Notice that the variable names j and i have been swapped around in both for loop constructs. I'm surprised that this did not generate an error on other OSes.

This demo also proves that sdl_ttf.pas also works on MacOS X!!
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Break attack

savage
    Thanks for finding the error. Nice screenshot

I will try installing it for linux later. Thanks for links

Break attack

To install JEDI-SDL you can use grudzio's method, or you can use the following method:

Code:
    1. Unzip the JEDI-SDL zip package into any directory you like, say /home/freenity/JEDI-SDL/.
    2. Edit the /etc/fpc.cfg file and add the following lines&#58;

-Fi/home/freenity/JEDI-SDL/SDL/Pas

-Fu/home/freenity/JEDI-SDL/*/Pas
    [size=10px]&quot;In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it&#39;s the exact opposite.&quot; -- Paul Dirac[/size]

Break attack

Quote Originally Posted by freenity
    Thanks for finding the error. Nice screenshot
    Sin problema. Great to see JEDI-SDL working on other platforms.

You should probably post the screen shot on your Game Creators site, to show that the code is very portable, once you've uploaded a fixed version of the source code.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast