Thread: [Delphi/Kylix] alter-ScktComp

[Delphi/Kylix] alter-ScktComp

Hi, I'm looking for something similar ScktComp, but for Kylix. The original Socket (or IdTCPServer/Client from Indy) unit does not match. Have you got something that I could easy translate Windows code, which is using ScktComp, to Linux oriented code?

Have you looked at using Indy on both Win32 and Linux? I believe there is also a project to get it to work with Free Pascal.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Yeah, but I have some problems with understanding Threads . I mean I understand, but always "something is still wrong"... :x ... So I want to ask somebody, maybe someone has translated the code that is similar to ScktComp.pas for Windows and its WinSock library, but for Unix.

BTW the problem will disappear, if I translate my game networking code to UDP port... But the ScktComp for Unix systems would be very customizable and easy tool to create TCP networking applications.

Blog Entries

Anythink or Kylix these days is a hard sell/find as it's sort of the red-headed stepchild of Delphi that got kicked a few too many times.

Of course I'm sort of stating the obvious aren't I?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is a little late, but what problems are you having with Indy's threads? I've used them quite a bit, both on Delphi and Kylix (Version 3) so maybe you could shed some light on the problem and I'll take a look.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::