Thread: Need some help with Omega.

Need some help with Omega.

Hello, I was unable to get UnDelphiX installed so I am giving Omega ago instead (all the other ones borked on me), this one seems promising so far.

But the documents don't give quite enough information, right now all I am interested in is drawing some text on the form (tied to the OmegaScreen Component, I am also using OmegaTimer).

I named OmegaScreen, OmegaDX and I can see drawing functions for rectangles and things but nothing to draw text? (UnDelphiX has it and uses a method of properties that i'm used to), but I can't see anything at all with Omega.

Have you taken a look at the samples? there are a lot up samples...

I can take a look when I am home in a few hours, but I bet there are samples using text...

There are two possibilities, OmegaFont or OmegaBMPfont.

Firle

Add omega primitives. With this you can draw lines n stuff. With OmegaFont (it was i think) you can print a bitmap font to the screen. You need to point the font and primitives to OmegaScreen.

I used omega in my 3D engine, but wrote my own font and GUI engine. I still use OmegaPrimitives.
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

I don't see any samples with the download I got, and the main site is a bunch of weird floral pictures .

The docs don't tell too much as of yet either and aren't up to date (it doesn't show all the components that are available).

Ok, I'm now using the BitMapFont component, but I can't see how to change average things like the type of font (like tahoma) and the size (a normal size setting), etc?

From my homepage:
    Omega Help (older):
    http://www.ericbehme.de/omega/Omega.html

Download latest, including 3 different versions,
    two for DX8 and one for DX9 including samples:

http://www.ericbehme.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=132

Hope that helps a bit.

Firle

Hi, thanks, I have the old help with the package I got.

Things were going better until I tried to follow the help with using OemagSprite and OmegaImageList.

I loaded a GIF into an OmegaImageList component without any harp and set it all up, just like the help says, however I keep getting an error message "no omegaimagelist assigned to sprite".

Anything assignable, has been assigned and I can't find anything that reflect on this error.

All i'm aiming to do right now is draw an animation (as a sprite, for future use) on the omega screen along with the text already drawn in the OmegaTimer event when fired (I use OmegaSprite.Draw of course).

Maybe using the gif is your problem,

I suggest sticking to jpeg, bitmap or png
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg

So i'll have to manually animate them..... why is there an ImageIndex property for the sprites....

Ok, so now i'm using a static PNG which seems fine.

Except for the fact that my text that I was drawing has now been transformed into that image, every character , wtf lol.

EDIT: Ok that seems fixed, odd that it happens automagically but oh well, so it looks like I can only use either the plain text or some image from the imagelist .