Quote Originally Posted by WILL
Wow that other game looks pretty nice too. Any chance of you picking it back up after Projekt "W" is completed? I've been trying to find a more up-to-date fun and challenging game like Ascendancy since I've moved to Win95 back in the day.
Sadly no, I've layed that project to rest years ago after releasing two techdemos over at the german Delphi-OpenGL-Community. Besides the fact that I'm not really into sci-fi and I had troubles thinking of what stuff, technologies and so on to actually put into the game, there were also huge flaws in the game design. E.g. I made the huge mistake (don't ask me why) to make it a real-time game instead of turn-based. So this project won't see any ressurection, but there are a lot of projects around the net that try to recreate MoO or Ascendancy (e.g. FreeOrion).

Quote Originally Posted by dmantione
Well, I'm definately interrested. However, I fear I'm out, the Radeon M7 cannot do OpenGL2
Well, I decided to make a split at some point. Theres OpenGL2.0-capable hardware around since 2002 (starting with ATI's R300 core) and I guess when I have this one finished there won't be many cards around that don't support GL2 anymore, so that's why I made this decission.

Quote Originally Posted by Delfi
Interesting, from what i see (cold fusion ) you have to out-technology the other factions? satelites and espionage included?
The longer the game runs the harder it gets when you don't research new technologies, so yes I guess you'll be able to tech-out other factions, but let's wait until I've done balancing the game. And yes, espionage will also be a viable part of the game that'll mainly help you find out weaknesses of the other factions.