Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SpiderLand 3D

SpiderLand 3D

A few months ago, I saw this theme about Xtropper game. I liked it so much that I have downloaded the source and started modifiying it. Now the game really differs from Xtropper and I have big plans about it's future development ). But, some graphics are still grabbed from Crimsonland And so, now I decided to show my game to the people. Let it be a New Year present =).

Download link (~13 mb)

Blog Entries

SpiderLand 3D

Well the game concept is neat.

These spiders are coming to eat you so blow up as many as you can to stay alive.

Kind of reminds me of the DGDev Team's game 'Horrorween'.

Any plans for designing underground base or tunnel levels and maps? This would be a really fun game if you guys expanded on the basic idea. Not just roaming the bare desert of the moon, but if there was a base there and underground tunnels and structures that where invaded by big nasty space bugs that you now have to fight your was out of...

You know... it also kinda reminds me of Aliens. (The second movie.)
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

SpiderLand 3D

Hey that's very nice!

A few things you might want to look into:
    Setup
    Set the frequency default to 60mhz. I know my screen is maxed at 60mhz (laptop), but I'm sure quite a few people dont know or forget to set it properly.

When I select a non-fullscreen window, half the gui is missing. (click img below)

game
    I assume it has to do something with points, but at certain intervals the entire spiderpopulation is suddenly killed off. How come?

When I die, I dont see how many kills I've made, but instead there's an image of the grim reaper. Its an interesting picture, but I really prefer the kills so I can brag about it

Apart from these,.. I'd like to see more weapons, more explosions (grenades?) different critters and other landscapes.

Good start though !

SpiderLand 3D

I liked XProgger's game and I like this as well. I am waiting for the campaign mode.

I assume it has to do something with points, but at certain intervals the entire spiderpopulation is suddenly killed off. How come?
    I think there is a power up that kills all the spiders. The screen flashes white and the bugs are gone.

Btw. It would be good to know the effects of different power ups.

SpiderLand 3D

Thanks for reports! Default refresh rate is now set to 60 hz and windowed mode also works properly. Frags, experience and seconds survived are now also shown after the player's death ).

A small bonus reference:
    Weapon powerup. Increases weapon firerate.

Speed. Now you can run faster (pay attention on the smoke downside =) )

Slow motion. Makes thing really slooow, giving you a chance to react better.

Shield. You are unvulnerable. For a while ).

Nuke. Kaboom! Everything explodes...

Medkit. Regenerates 30 hp.

Freeze. Spiders just stand still, even being damaged.

Doubler. Doubles all experience you gain during the time this bonus is active.

1000 points. Simply gives you 1000 experience points.

500 points. Guess what it does =).

SpiderLand 3D

Im surprised no one complained about it, when starting the setup.exe I get a “0,5 is not a valid number” error.
    Correcting “MapDetail=0,5” in config.cfg will solve that problem. When I start the game the music starts following the annoying windows error sound with the same error message. (it will happen even if i set MapDetail to 1)
    [size=9px]BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK
    <br />d s-- : a24 GB GCS GTW GE C++ P L+ W++ N+ K- w++++ M- PS+ PE+ Y- t+ 5+++ X+ R*
    <br />tv b+ DI++ D+ e++ h+ G-
    <br />END GEEK CODE BLOCK[/size]
    <br />Create your own GeekCode block at: <a href="">...</a>

SpiderLand 3D

Here is the patch that fixes all described bugs: default setup refresh rate is set to 60hz, windowed mode works properly, floating point conversion errors are fixed and results are now shown after the player's death.

SpiderLand 3D

Sorry I prefer the original it was a lot smoother on my system and it had a rough simple charm, which has been lost.

SpiderLand 3D

FIrst version (without fix): AWESOME!! really fun! but i would like some posibility to regain health under rush-mode....

Havent downloaded the fix yet...

SpiderLand 3D

It crashes when I start wanna start a rush or survival game...
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast