Here are the direct links to the reviews:
Tomb Climber
Commando Xenidis

Well this was a great way to get your game noticed. I was listening to one of the recent GDC Radio round tables where they were talking all about game reviews. It had some great information about this.

I personally think it's good to try for as many game review sites as possible. And even if one gives you a not-so-great review, [size=9px](give 'em heck if they mis-represent your game! :evil[/size], but also try putting your game out to other sites as well, as not all sites have the same standards and opinions about games. Some reviews will be better than others thats just a fact.

Plus it's more exposure! And that in the end is how well you've advertised your game I believe.

:?: How many of these reviews did you guys get make up for your each of games?

I'm going to pick on Tomb Climber only because it did the best out of all of your projects even if only about $400 US in total sales. If I where to fathom a guess as to why it did so well, I'd have to say that it was because of a few things:

1) It's early arcade game and shareware look and feel!

2) The low $8 price tag made it a realistic purchase for the casual gaming crowd.

3) It's fun theme.

4) Intuitive game concept. The game makes you think a bit.

I would think that 1 & 2 really drew them in to try the game, but 3 & 4 would have sold on paying for it.

I believe that if you stick to this formula for Tomb Climber 2, keep the same gameplay, but add some real nice featuring you'll have another success on your hands. Though you will probably want to try to get even more done for advertising. Maybe place some ads around as a suggestion.

:?: Also, what kind of feedback did you get from your players? Did anyone write back and if so how many and what did they say generally?