Not really, your AI implementation will use DelphiX as a sprite handling and graphics rendering component set. But essentially AI and even the more advanced movement of your sprites is outside of the scope of DelphiX.

The basic movement of sprites is closely tied into the Delphix mode of problem solving as it's closely tied into the sprite engine by the properties it exposes, but that would be as far as I would go with that.. everything else is a question for a different forum.

AI questions can be generally applied to more than one engine as their appropriateness is determined not by the engine you use but by how you've structured your game mechanics, your mapping system, your sprite control mechanism, your pathfinding system. None of which are covered by DelphiX. You have to implement these things yourself.

All the AI system needs to know is how to get around your map, how to distinguish good guys from bad guys, where the powerups are, what constitutes a threat.. nothing to do with graphics, sound or input at all.

No-one with an AI question at a later date would dream of looking in the DelphiX forum for an AI answer.

Your question regarding a simple AI for your game is a good one and deserves a place in the AI section as other developers would undoubtably look for a similar answer in the future, perhaps long after DelphiX has pushed up its last daisy.

You're making some good progress on your game by all accounts and from what I've seen from your demo. I think you've pretty much got all the basic DelphiX answers you need. The questions you're asking now are a lot more advanced and specific to other - more useful areas of the site.

My game uses Jedi-SDL, but I wouldn't look there for help with my AI.

Sorry if I've laboured on the point or seem patronising, I'm not having a great day so far (don't ask) and you may be getting some accidental flak.. sorry about that. It's not intentional.