Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: New A3D Game Engine -> your idea ...

  1. #1

    New A3D Game Engine -> your idea ...

    Ok boys. I am back.
    Now I looking for new idea how to make from graphics A3D engine, good GAME ENGINE and looking for little A3D delphi team. If you have time ... let's go ... New Topic about this is opened.

    WE NEED:
    1) good game editor (indoor + outdoor)
    2) good scene file format (static meshes, models, light, animation, .... )
    3) good script language (not interpreter)
    4) good optimalization (octree or portals, not BSP, bsp is dead )
    5) surface FX editor ala Shader editor
    6) Team
    7) system for sharing source
    ...
    C2D X6800, 4GBRAM, NV8800GTX, Vista x64 Ultimate

  2. #2

    what need for a good start !

    Hi again, i just happy that you dont give up your so nice project. I wanna said you that i wanna contribute to it. I can't be active right now but in about 2 or 3 week i will got a lot of free time. I check your NEED thing and i have some question about it

    1) good game editor (indoor + outdoor)
    - your engine now can only load quake 3 map, Why not using a open source map editor that can made quake 3 map ? like QuArK or QERadient

    3) good script language (not interpreter)
    - This is for mod (modification) making, he thing it's a realy good thing to separate the engine that the game(mod) , with this you can easy update the engine and apply change to the game. i found something interresting i thing for that, look at http://www.carlo-kok.com/ifps3.php

    7) system for sharing source
    i thing i can help on this point just send msg on icq (41749073)
    if you dont have icq or msg a realy good FREE move at http://miranda-icq.sourceforge.net/

    Christian F

  3. #3

    Re: what need for a good start !

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian
    1) good game editor (indoor + outdoor)
    - your engine now can only load quake 3 map, Why not using a open source map editor that can made quake 3 map ? like QuArK or QERadient
    Yes. ... this file format is only as demo, how to render scene from other file format or how convert scene data to shape or static model data ...

    Q3BSP, GTKradiant, Q3map2.exe, etc ... it is not for free use !!!

    Good way is create level in LIGHTWAVE ... look:

    http://www.plainwrapsoftware.com/delphi/directx/

    or create CONVERTOR from xxx file format to A3D scene format.

    BIG ONE IS: DEFINE SCENE DATA STRUCTURE and CLASS
    C2D X6800, 4GBRAM, NV8800GTX, Vista x64 Ultimate

  4. #4

    New A3D Game Engine -> your idea ...

    :shock:
    A,hhhh....what is with Quark ?
    This isn't free ?? :cry:

    (Zonertools for Halflife are free. - but the Halflifeengine is old)


    Look what is this ??
    http://apocalyx.sourceforge.net

    This Script-engine gives for delphi.
    http://assoc.wanadoo.fr/thallium/thlua.en.html
    (a interpreter ?)



    Sorry for my bad english.....

  5. #5

    New A3D Game Engine -> your idea ...

    For begining:

    - Base scene data Q3BSP+SHADERS compatible
    - Editor GTKradiant 1.3.7-dev

    OK?
    C2D X6800, 4GBRAM, NV8800GTX, Vista x64 Ultimate

  6. #6

    New A3D Game Engine -> your idea ...

    I think it's ok.

    Look for the Quaketools. (I hope this tools are free ?)

    http://www.planetquake.com/eoc/

  7. #7

    New A3D Game Engine -> your idea ...

    Current result:

    TEAM:
    - AndyGFX
    - DetVog
    - Paintner
    - Christian

    EDITOR:
    - GTKradiant 1.3.7

    SCENE FORMAT:
    - q3 bsp

    OTHER TOOLS:
    - QuakeToolkit

    LANGUAGE:
    - Delphi6/7

    GAME SCRIPT:
    - Innerfuse (IFS2)
    C2D X6800, 4GBRAM, NV8800GTX, Vista x64 Ultimate

  8. #8

    Get ready

    #TEAM:
    #- AndyGFX
    #- DetVog
    #- Paintner
    #- Christian

    Like i said i can't not be realy active right now but that will change about 2 or 3 week (i will buy a new computer) for now i can brow you some free space, i have a beta web page (www.maniac-fx.com) and i'm not bas at php and MYSQL

    #EDITOR:
    #- GTKradiant 1.3.7

    #SCENE FORMAT:
    #- q3 bsp

    #OTHER TOOLS:
    #- QuakeToolkit

    #LANGUAGE:
    #- Delphi6/7

    #GAME SCRIPT:
    #- Innerfuse (IFS2)

    #CLEAR BASE SOURCE:
    #- download: #http://a3d.intelligentdevelopment.sk...nGine_2003.zip

    Everything it's ok for me
    Long LIFE TO A3D ENGINE !!!!

  9. #9

    Re: Get ready

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian
    #TEAM:
    Like i said i can't not be realy active right now but that will change about 2 or 3 week (i will buy a new computer) for now i can brow you some free space, i have a beta web page (www.maniac-fx.com) and i'm not bas at php and MYSQL

    Long LIFE TO A3D ENGINE !!!!
    It is not problem (2 or 3 week) ... this project is free-time ...
    C2D X6800, 4GBRAM, NV8800GTX, Vista x64 Ultimate

  10. #10

    Re: Get ready

    Quote Originally Posted by andygfx
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian
    #TEAM:
    Like i said i can't not be realy active right now but that will change about 2 or 3 week (i will buy a new computer) for now i can brow you some free space, i have a beta web page (www.maniac-fx.com) and i'm not bas at php and MYSQL

    Long LIFE TO A3D ENGINE !!!!
    It is not problem (2 or 3 week) ... this project is free-time ...

    yo.....free-time is ok.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comodo SSL