Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kosek
I was considering joining the competition this year. But if it will degrade to this you can forget it!
That would be our loss then.

As Dean wrote
I think that that fact that all the competitors help each other out in the competitions shows what a great community this is.
Surely, for that alone you'll want to be part of it.

It's not that I envy more resourceful developers, Yuri. In fact I salute them for having come that far already.
I was merely afraid people would not join because of the thought that other competitors would use engines and thus have a head start. (and yes, I was referring to engines such as the ones you wrote Robert. Not the various libraries).

Quote Originally Posted by jasonf
If people want to ban existing engines in an attempt to level the playing field, and I do appreciate the sentement behind the idea and it's a very noble one.. I would also like to ask that only people in full time employment are allowed to compete too as it would be unfair as those without jobs are able to spend much more quality time on their project than those who work all day.. Now I AM joking here, but you can see where I'm going.. we could also say, "No Single people.. only those married with at least 2 children" or "Noone with more than 5 years experience". By leveling the playing field in this way, there would only be 2 or 3 people on the whole site who qualify to compete.
I was wrong to start the argument