Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GameVision SDK 2007

GameVision SDK 2007

I uploaded a new build that now has WIP documentation. You will most likely find mistakes, spelling errors and omissions, but eventually all of this will get sorted out. I included a unit called GVImports.pas so you can see how you would bind your own native classes and routines to the system. This is the very unit that binds GVSDK to the scripting system.

http://www.softbeat.net/temp/gvsdk2007.zip
    Jarrod Davis
    Technical Director @ Piradyne Games

GameVision SDK 2007

Download: GVSDK2007

I've posted a new build. At last stability. Now I can continue to move forward and add new features.

Some info:

1. GVC.EXE is the compiler. It uses a simple and elegant project file format, a standard .INI file. See PROJECT.INI.
    2. GVC.BAT is the .BAT file that can be used in conjunction with an external IDE/Editor. I’ve been using PSPad ( http://www.pspad.com ). There is a project file for this editor. See PROJECT.PPR.
    3. If you click on COMPILE.BAT it will invoke the compiler and compile the SCROLL.PAS source file and output SCROLL.EXE. COMPILE_RUN.BAT does the same but also will run the EXE.
    4. Notice that SCROLL.PAS has DEMOUTILS.PAS in the uses statement; it will find this in the current folder and compile this as well.
    5. Notice that SCROLL.EXE has version info and an icon. All of this can be controlled via PROJECT.INI.
    6. Notice GVSClasses.pas, this is just an interface only listing off all GVSDK classes that have been registered with the system and available in the compiled script.
    7. SCROLL.EXE uses lots of GVSDK functionality: audio, textures, math, sprites, fonts and more.
    8. Should work on those OSes that had problems before.
    9. API update: LogFile, Streams (memory, file, resource, zip), Application, Script
    10. Updated the WIP docs.

It would be great if you could let me know if the new changes do work properly on your configuration. Thanks in advance.
    Jarrod Davis

GameVision SDK 2007

Do you plan adding some GUI controls?
    Vampyre Imaging Library
    Earth Under Fire (PGD Big Boss 3rd place)
    Domains Of Chaos (PGD Multiplexity 5th place)

GameVision SDK 2007

Galfar:

Yes this is something that I plan to add in a future release. I am also open to collaborating with someone wishing to write a gui module and/or other add-ons.
    Jarrod Davis

GameVision SDK 2007

I've just tested GVC.exe but it doesn't work.

I get the following error (i'll try to translate it from dutch):

"This application performed an invalid operation and needs to close.. etc"

With these details (also needed some translation):

Code:
    GVC caused an error related to an invalid page caused in
    module KEYBOARD.DRV op00de:bff90777.
    Registers:
    EAX=81b6fe14 CS=81b70288 EIP=bff90777 EFLGS=bff741f7
    EBX=81b6f00c SS=bff7dafa ESP=81b70298 EBP=0065ff6c
    ECX=bff741f7 DS=0040 ESI=00000008 FS=bff7a567
    EDX=00000000 ES=81afd000 EDI=81b6f018 GS=bff7a10e
    Bytes in CS:EIP:
    The last line in the console was: website=www.company.com or something like that.

I dont think you need to debug this since W98 is not your target OS. I just want to let you know whether it works on my system and what kind of problems i encounter.

Good luck.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

GameVision SDK 2007

chronozphere:

Thanks for the test. Let me ask, what version of DirectX do you have installed? Minimal needed is DirectX9 (Summer 2003) with a D3D9 compliant video card.
    Jarrod Davis

GameVision SDK 2007

Ok, daily snapshots will be here for now:
    http://www.softbeat.net/snapshot/

See the HISTORY.TXT file for change information.
    Jarrod Davis

GameVision SDK 2007

Testing out new installer for the SDK. Feedback appreciated. Need to make sure it works on different configurations including Windows Vista.
    See this page for details.
    Jarrod Davis

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123