My experiences with Win64 and Vista have been interesting, but successful. Vista "WARNS" you about Lazarus quite a bit, but it seems to run/compile. Also, depending on your "security" settings, it asks you if you can run something EVERY SINGLE FRIGGING TIME YOU COMPILE IT! But, it will let you run it .

Win64 seems to work just fine, though I have to admit that I am running the 32 bit version, I've yet to play with the 64 bit version.

I'm not a lawyer either, but I sure have to deal with enough legal matters that I feel like one . The thing is, as long as WILL provides the source files that allow you to link the DLL's along with the distro, then the only thing you have to get around is the DLL or library specific license issues. This may require a separate download, and can be performed by an application.

PS: You can't statically link DX application and ship the DLL's with it. You MUST provide the user a separate install, instructions on how to install and where to get it from, or have a separate "process" that retrieves the install/files and places them in the "approved" place. Only Vista ships with DX installed automatically, on all other versions of windows it either didn't ship or is optional.