To see if I could create my own win32 arm-linux cross compiler from the fpc source, I downloaded the fpcbuild.zip source code (2.1.x version I think) and the win32crossbinutils2005.zip from the ftp site.

I ran the script below that I placed in the root folder of the fpcbuild

Code:
set path=G:\fpc\2.0.4\bin\i386-win32
make distclean

make all install CPU_TARGET=arm OS_TARGET=linux CROSSBINDIR=G:\fpc-crossbinutils\arm-linux BINUTILSPREFIX=arm-linux- INSTALL_PREFIX=G:\fpc\win32_arm-linux COMPILER_OPTIONS="cpufpemu"

pause
G:\fpc\2.0.4\bin\i386-win32 pointed to the native 2.0.4 folder containing the make.exe file
G:\fpc-crossbinutils\arm-linux pointed to the win32 crossbin utils that I unzipped
G:\fpc\win32_arm-linux pointed to where I wanted to install the new version of the compiler that would be built.

Sometime later after the build finished I had a look in the win32_arm-linux install folder and found that there are no .exe files created. Is this correct?

How do I use the new install to cross compile arm-linux stuff if there are no .exe files?

Did I do the procedure correctly?

Edit: I did just notice that in the G:\fpcbuild\fpcsrc\compiler folder there is a newly created file ppcrossarm.exe...

do I use this ppcrossarm.exe and the new units in the install folder G:\fpc\win32_arm-linux\units\arm-linux\rtl to compile pascal programs for the arm?

If needed I could use the units here as well I assume? G:\fpc\win32_arm-linux\units\arm-linux

cheers,
Pau.