Quote Originally Posted by cragwolf
Bad luck no judge is able to run Linux or MacOS X. I thought we programmer types would be a little more avant-garde or radical when it came to our operating systems.
I have Linux and am trying to get a MacOS X box from work, but as we mentioned in the rules, you can submit a video clip of your stuff working on Linux/MacOS X as long as we have an exe for Win32 to test it for ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by cragwolf
Multiple stages, deal-breaker for me, never liked them, but will not comment further on this issue.
I know some people are turned off by multi-stages, but we are trying to encourage structured analysis/design and implementation. There is nothing stopping you from implementing menus, for example, in stage one, the only thing is that it won't get scored until later one. We are not saying only X number of features need to be done at this stage. It is a guide of what minimum stuff should be be done at each stage. If you can do more than the minimum, then great it will give you more time to polish things off in the later stages. I hope that does not cause confusion.