Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 PGD "Multiplexity" Game Programming Compo

2007 PGD "Multiplexity" Game Programming Compo

I just posted my idea... is it being checked or are you checking all of the entries at the same time tomorrow?

Since you are allowed to update your entry for the current stage until the deadline has approached I'll start checking your entries after the deadline has ended. Note that the deadlines are measured by the servertime PGD runs on and that this is mostly a different time-zone than the one I'm living in, which is GMT+1.

The Server is in the US.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Blog Entries

Everyone has until midnight of the last day of the deadline to submit. So for those of your that are coming close to the end of the day now, you have a whole day to submit still!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

How are the 20 points for the design document divided? Or we earn those points just for uploading the document??

Blog Entries

If you meet the goal requirements you get the 20. If you don't meet them all then you get a big fat Zero.

Stage Goals are worth all or nothing of the point values listed. This will be the same until the final stage where you will then be judged and scored from 0 to 200 for each 'Judged Category'.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Bugger

I appear to have 15 mins left and I can't seem to find the place to upload the files

I've just created an account, but can't seem to continue to go to an upload page.

How do I proceed??

Edit: Ah sweet,.. just it got it... and just in time too

Blog Entries

Oh man... we almost had to have our own little 'PGD Defense' there.

Glad you made the deadline Alex.

Mind you... if you missed out on the deadline it's not a great big HUGE deal... it's 20 points, but if your good then you can still make it up. And you are also still eligible for the 4 Excellence Awards.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I just finished judging stage 1!

Important note :
    In this stage we don't judge your game design, but only the game document. So there are no comments (at least from me) concerning your game design!
    (Though some of them are so interesting that I'd loved to have a comment about them. But I'll rather put those comments into your appropriate threads)

It's awefully late here (almost past three'o'clock deep in the night) and it took me around 2 hours, but now it's done. And except for one person/team everyone got 20 points from me. And if you think I did you wrong with my comment please let me know, but don't forget that I judged very late in the night and that it's possible that I have made some (hopefully small) mistake due to being rather sleepy!

And now to my comments :
    I usually write a small passage about the document itself, nothing spectacular and sometimes pointing out missing or unclear things. And then I also added a list of the genres I found to be valid and the ones I found to be discussable, which will look like this :
    Comment on your design document here...

Valid genres (x) :
    - Action (red)

Discussable (x) :
    - Strategy (green)
    It's discussable because (my opionion or the reason why it's discussable)
    So you can easily see from my comment if I got the genres you have intended to implement right or if I did a mistake. The discussable ones are mostly also depending on how you implement them, so they may "move" from discussable to valid once I played the game!

[size=18px]So if you want to discuss my comments (either in general or on your specific entry) please do it in this thread[/size]!

And now I'm going to bed, so please be patient with me you won't get a direct answer for the next ten hours or so
    But tomorrow I'll be back and try to answer your questions as soon as possible.

Where is the revised document? I login in the contest page and there´s only the original document, without comments... maybe I didn´t get the points :lol:

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast