I'm out of business and I'll be out until March 15th or later . That means I won't finish stages 2 and 3 in time, even stage 4 won't be finished. I knew that I can't complete the game for te conquest but I thought I could finish a nice demo. But actually that's impossible.

So I decided to cut off the goals and submit a simple prototype that I'll complete after the conquest. Most limitations will be technical:
  • The graphics engine will not use octrees nor fulstrum culling. Instead it'll use a sort of "3D tilemap" and render the "tiles" nearest to the player space-ship. Later I'll use the "tile" struct as base to build the octree.
  • No textures, no realtime lighting, no particles... Graphics will be ugly but I have no time (If somebody wants to contribute with models and textures, it will be welcome).
  • I have no time to learn a new script engine/language so I'll use an old VM I wrote few years ago. It's very limited but I think it's enough for my actual needs.
  • No planet logic. All theirs values will be static.
  • Only one 'adventure' will be implemented: the Tutorial (yet written). I think it's enough to show how to use the script engine to write stories.
I think this simplifies the project a lot. I hope I can complete the prototype before June 3rd...