Ok, I decided to create this log (or blog ) about my entry in the "2007 PGD Annual 'Multiplexity' Competition". Comments and criticism will be welcomed.

Now I'm working in the Game Design Document and I have a lot of stuff here: the overview, the selected genre categories, features and some UML schemes. I've wrote this document in Spanish but I'll translate part of it before to send it next Friday.

"Space Adventure" is a Adventure/Vehicular Combat/Economic Simulation game.

There are an universe with some planets and space-stations. The player can travel from here to there, buy some items, come back here and sell them to earn some money. Then, he/she can buy a better space-shield, stores, hire markets, etc. That's the Economic Simulation part.

But in the universe there are pirates that would try to thieve money and items. Of course, the player's ship has a defensive weapon to defend itself, and can buy better weapons... Or the player can be an space-pirate! That's the Vehicular Combat part.

The universe is populated with a lot of people. They live on the planets or in the space-stations and have problems. May be the player decides to help these people. Then he/she should talk with the people, visit far places, investigate in libraries, find objects... That's the Adventure part.

"Economic Simulation" and "Vehicular Combat" parts will be very similar than the Elite & Elite+ classic games. But the "Adventure" will be different. When the player lands in a planet or in a space-station, the screen changes in to a 2D interface, similar than SCUMM: A shoot of the place, with objects, doors, characters, etc., and a list of actions and the objects the player has. Then, the player can talk with the characters, in a similar way than the SCUMM games, take objects, use the objects or move to another room/place.

The Adventure will be defined by a script, so it will be possible to add new "missions" to the game. Also the ships' characteristics and alien's AI will be very configurable.

That's all at the moment. Now I'll draw some UML schemes...