OK , I'll jump on this band wagon.

My entry is called Brain Drain (I might change that...).

The goal is to produce a two player game. The game arena consists of 4-6 Cubes. Each cube has 4 games within them that need to be completed in order to gain control of the game arena. When a player has control of the arena (by completing all the games on the active cube) they can rotate it to pick which cube they want to play next, the other player has to play the cube opposite. The goal is to complete more cubes than the other player , once all the cubes have been completed the game ends and the person with the most cubes wins.

Now each cube contains 4 games, to start with I plan on a word search game and a version of space invaders, but it could be anything. I'm designing it so that the games are plugins so new games can be added easily. It's possible a small FPS could be written and included, but that could be added later. The games should be quick to play (under 1 minute each) to keep the action frantic.

An interesting tactical edge to the game is if Player 1 completes he/her cube before player 2, but player 2 has already completed 3 games on he/her cube. Player 1 could rotate the grid around and finish off player 2's cube and win that one too. but all is not lost, the time it takes to complete a cube is logged against each player, if the player 2 gets a cube that was completed by Player 1 already, they can gain control of that cube by completing it in a faster time.

the current design document might explain it better...

http://www.infinitespace-online.net/...BrainDrain.rtf