Hi there,

I just registered, but I really don't know if I find the time to make it to a final game in the end. I will send in a design document and then I'll see how it goes...

So here is my game idea:

The game will be a multiplayer game (one after each other or if time permits it, over network).

The game will take place in a childrens playroom.

In every round, the players get a set amount of random building bricks and have to build a tower as high as possible with them in a given time (e.g. 1 minute), stable enough not to collapse (you know, I have kids... and they like to play with those bricks *lol*).

When this round is finished, the artillery round starts. Every player gets 5 artillery like toys randomly placed around the tower of his opponent(s) and so has 5 shots to destruct the tower(s) of him/them.

Points will be given for building height after first round and for left height after artillery round.

I plan to use DirectX (so I will again stick to Windows ) and Newton Game Dynamics.
There will be a high amount of different brick-types and also the kind of artillery will vary, and so will the controls of the artillery.... There will be no real cannons, but more the like of Tiddlywinks, toy catapults etc.

Thats it so far....

Greetings,
Dirk

Edit:
Here is a link to the WIP Design Doc:
http://www.dino-it.de/BBADesignDoc.htm