Well, since almost everyone has his entry up here (and getting some good feedback on it too, in most cases) I thought I start one of my own as well.

I have choosen to create a game where I try to combine RTS games with the platform genre.
The idea is that players still have to build structures and units, gather resources and eliminate opponents. But unlike normal RTS games, in this game, the 'battlefield' is displayed an profile.

This provides several interesting changes in gameplay (not to mention design issues). For instance, normally all units are controlled entirely using the mouse. In this game, the player now has the option to controle a character using the keyboard as well.
Standard platform-like movements like jumping, climbing, running or ducking will be available.
It will of course still be possible to issue orders to other units, so that they wont stand around doing nothing while the player goes off with a single unit to attack the enemies base. Depening on the available time, orders might include, shoot my target, follow me, stand ground etc.

The world I¬„ve choosen is an off world planet, where valuable ore can be found. I wont go into details about the story, yet, but suffice to say that its the players job to extract the ore before the 'competition' does. Of course, this ore can only be extracted underground.

This weekend, I¬„ve been busy working out graphics: what the world looks like, colors, gui layout etc etc. It's for sure not an easy task, and I'm not even close to finished, but the first parts are coming along quite nicely now.

I hope I dont scare off to many of you with this image, but here's the very first screenshot.
Mind you its all still in design stage, meaning nothing realtime. Just a Photoshop still.

[size=9px](click on the image to see a larger version)[/size]

What you see here is the world in isometric few, where the player builds his structures, performs upgrades or buys units. There¬„s already a building there, and some ore (decorational) .

Well, that¬„s it for now. More screenshots and details will follow,...

[size=9px]PS about the name. I agree, it¬„s totally stupid. I will get another real soon. (hopefully).[/size]