With a little more than 6 days left for the next submission, I thought I'd fire up my entry thread again. I've been working on it for pretty much the entire weekend and I must admit, it is not even close to ready. For this stage we have to include scores, a menu and a clear explanation of how the genres come together.
Menu is in already; the scores are going to be a bit of a problem as I have not a single clue on how to add those (do they even have scores in rts games?).
The biggest problem however is going to be the joining of the two genres. Problem sort of is the fact that I still have both genres only partly implemented....

I kind of hoped I was able to fix a lot of things this weekend, but time was pretty much spend on creating spiders and tiles for the mine and a few random things. Also a good thing, I know, but still. I was actually hoping for more.

Anyway, as a teaser, I have created a video of the my entry including a sort of a making of. As I lack the proper software and codecs on my laptop (long story, but my regular pc has crashed bigtime) I had to make due with windows moviemaker (still not a bad product). Its about 10mb in size.

What you see in the movie is actually how two models, a spider and the light guard, both used in the game, are made. During the first few seconds you'll see both models inside Lightwave's modeler program, there's a quick run through a few fases of the light guard model en then we skip to the Layout program where the lightguard is fully rigged and animated, perfoming a walk cycle.
After that, you'll see how each frame of the animation is put in a large image and finaly how the whole thing looks in the game.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any comments, what you think of it, likes / dislikes / more of these or not that sort of thing.