Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GP2X Issues...

GP2X Issues...

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls
    I have fixed my program.

Here are my SDL_getenv findings:

Call SDL_getenv but don't store the result - works
    call SDL_getenv and store the result in either PChar or AnsiString - doesn't work (hangs the GP2X...)

Does this help?

cheers,
    Paul.
    I have the feeling that under GP2X the FPC version of getenv may be broken or that SDL should be using the C getenv and not the FPC fpgetenv. Could you try the following just to be sure where the commented code is...
    [pascal]{$IFDEF UNIX}
    {$IFDEF FPC}
    {$IFDEF GP2X}
    result := getenv(......);
    {$ELSE}
    result := fpcgetenv(......);
    {$ENDIF}
    {$ENDIF}
    {$ENDIF}[/pascal]
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Re: GP2X Issues...

Quote Originally Posted by savage
    I have the feeling that under GP2X the FPC version of getenv may be broken or that SDL should be using the C getenv and not the FPC fpgetenv. Could you try the following just to be sure where the commented code is...
    [pascal]{$IFDEF UNIX}
    {$IFDEF FPC}
    {$IFDEF GP2X}
    result := getenv(name);
    {$ELSE}
    result := fpcgetenv(name);
    {$ENDIF}
    {$ENDIF}
    {$ENDIF}[/pascal]
    I tried that and freepascal borked at the line

Code:
      result &#58;= getenv&#40;name&#41;;
    with Identifier not found "getenv"

So it looks like I can't use getenv under the GP2X.

cheers,
    Paul.

GP2X Issues...

Is there a GP2X forum where we can confirm that getenv is definitely broken?
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

GP2X Issues...

I did a small test in C.
    Code:
      char *path = getenv&#40;"PATH"&#41;;
      if &#40;path&#41;
        printf&#40;path&#41;;
      printf&#40;"\n"&#41;;
    produced the following
    Code:
    &#91;root@gp2x dev&#93;$./test2
    /sbin&#58;/usr/sbin&#58;/usr/local/sbin&#58;/bin&#58;/usr/bin&#58;/usr/local/bin
    getenv() definitely works on the GP2X. I don't know what FPC might be doing wrong.

GP2X Issues...

Quote Originally Posted by Sly
    getenv() definitely works on the GP2X. I don't know what FPC might be doing wrong.
    Thanks for the test Steve. As you said we just need to find out what FPC is doing.

GP2X Issues...

Paul do you know if libc.genenv() is available under GP2X?

Actually I would have thought the fpgetenv() should work as well. Maybe what is required is a fix in FPC to get fpgetenv() working.

GP2X Issues...

Paul do you know if libc.genenv() is available under GP2X?

Actually I would have thought the fpgetenv() should work as well. Maybe what is required is a fix in FPC to get fpgetenv() working.
    There is a libc.so.6 file in the devkitGP2X that may contain getenv, but I am unsure.

I did find a libc.pas file on a freepascal site that referes to the libc.so.6 file

Code:
    const
      libcmodulename = 'libc.so.6';
    and this file has the function getenv in it which comes from the libc.so.6 file.

I hope this helps,
    cheers,
    Paul.

GP2X Issues...

Could you change the code in your version of sdl.pas to look like this.

[pascal]{$IFDEF GP2X}
    result := libc.getenv(name);
    {$ELSE}
    result := fpcgetenv(name);
    {$ENDIF}[/pascal]

You may have to change the uses clause at the top to include libc for GP2X.

GP2X Issues...

Hi Paul or Steve,
    Any joy in getting FPC to recognise either fpcgetenv() or the libc.getenv()?

GP2X Issues...

Hi Paul or Steve,
    Any joy in getting FPC to recognise either fpcgetenv() or the libc.getenv()?
    Sorry, I was away for a bit...I will try this shortly.

cheers,
    Paul.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast