Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GP2X Issues...

GP2X Issues...

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    This: http://wiki.freepascal.org/GP2X

If you make an account at freepascal.org, you can add information on the GP2X platform yourself.
    Looks good :-)
    damn! now I have to do some work and actually put something there!! hehe ;-)

Thanks Will.

cheers,
    Paul.

GP2X Issues...

Psst... it's Gamepark Holdings. Gamepark were the original company that made the GP32, then a group of employees left to form Gamepark Holdings to produce the GP2X. Gamepark has been developing the XGP, but it looks like they may have gone bust before the XGP was released.

GP2X Issues...

Quote Originally Posted by Sly
    Psst... it's Gamepark Holdings. Gamepark were the original company that made the GP32, then a group of employees left to form Gamepark Holdings to produce the GP2X. Gamepark has been developing the XGP, but it looks like they may have gone bust before the XGP was released.
    hehe, I didn't twig to that error :-)
    cheers,
    Paul.

GP2X Issues...

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls
    Code:
    SDL.pas(2183,12) Error: Forward type not resolved "PPoint"
    SDL.pas(2198,11) Error: Forward type not resolved "PRect"
    SDL.pas(3949,1) Fatal: There were 2 errors compiling module, stopping
    SDL.pas(3949,1) Fatal: Compilation aborted
    I think this one may have something to do with HAS_TYPES...is this defined automatically, or do I have to pass this to the compiler?

cheers,
    Paul.
    Ah of course, it seems that your version of jedi-sdl.inc is the v0.5 one. Could you please grab this one
    http://jedi-sdl.cvs.sourceforge.net/...?revision=1.13

Which contains more FPC ( and other ) defines.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

GP2X Issues...

Quote Originally Posted by savage
    Code:
    SDL.pas&#40;2183,12&#41; Error&#58; Forward type not resolved "PPoint"
    SDL.pas&#40;2198,11&#41; Error&#58; Forward type not resolved "PRect"
    SDL.pas&#40;3949,1&#41; Fatal&#58; There were 2 errors compiling module, stopping
    SDL.pas&#40;3949,1&#41; Fatal&#58; Compilation aborted
    I think this one may have something to do with HAS_TYPES...is this defined automatically, or do I have to pass this to the compiler?

cheers,
    Paul.
    Ah of course, it seems that your version of jedi-sdl.inc is the v0.5 one. Could you please grab this one
    http://jedi-sdl.cvs.sourceforge.net/...?revision=1.13

Which contains more FPC ( and other ) defines.
    Great!
    That one works and compiles under Delphi/Freepascal/Lazarus/gp2x and works for each one!

I am also now running the ppcrossarm.exe and units generated from the 2.1.x branch freepascal source code, for your information :-)

cheers,
    Paul.

GP2X Issues...

Woohoo, we have lift off! Great work Phil!

Can we have some screenies?

Ps. Does GP2X support sdl_image and libpng?
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

GP2X Issues...

Quote Originally Posted by savage
    Woohoo, we have lift off! Great work Phil!

Can we have some screenies?

Ps. Does GP2X support sdl_image and libpng?
    GP2X can use sdl_image, and thus load png files...I haven't tried it under freepascal yet, this is my next trick :-)

I will get a screenshot posted soon :-)

cheers,
    Paul.

GP2X Issues...

Making programs for the GP2x sounds cool. I own a game console. However, I am not familiar with FPC. Will it fairly simple set it up to make a program for the GP2x? Or will it require a lot of knowledge of libraries etc. Reading the contents of this thread it all sounds complicated

i.e. I suppose what I am asking for: will there be a package available that we can install and get started without too much fuss?
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg

GP2X Issues...

Quote Originally Posted by czar
    Making programs for the GP2x sounds cool. I own a game console. However, I am not familiar with FPC. Will it fairly simple set it up to make a program for the GP2x? Or will it require a lot of knowledge of libraries etc. Reading the contents of this thread it all sounds complicated

i.e. I suppose what I am asking for: will there be a package available that we can install and get started without too much fuss?
    I am planning on hosting somewhere some downloads like compile scripts, and the fpc stuff that I built from the source code (around 20Mb) that contains the arm-linux units, cross-compiler, etc..

One will have to download those, the devkitGP2X, and do some small file modifications, but it shouldn't be TOO complicated.

Once set up it shouldn't be difficult to use.

cheers,
    Paul.

GP2X Issues...

GP2X can use sdl_image, and thus load png files...I haven't tried it under freepascal yet, this is my next trick :-)

I will get a screenshot posted soon :-)
    Looking forward to the screen shots.

Does libpng exist on GP2X machines?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast