Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: GP2X Issues...

Source code?

Paul,

Have you posted the source code to your MB example?

I am new to GP2X programming and have been using C++ (with CodeBlock) and stumbled on a link that pointed me here. As a long-time Pascal (Delphi) programmer, I would much rather learn the GP2X via Pascal than C++ (assuming all other things being equal).

Any suggestions (and code examples) you might want to share to help someone else get started?

Thanks,
    Joe Donth

GP2X Issues...

Welcome to the forums Joe. Great to see that someone else is interested in pursuing GP2X with Pascal. Paul was using JEDI-SDL which can be downloaded from SourceForge. You will need to grab the CVS version of the v1.0 branch to be able to make use of the GP2X changes.
    You will also need to grab the latest FreePascal compiler. Paul can provide some more detailed information on how to set up both JEDI-SDL and FPC to produce the GP2X executables.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

GP2X Issues...

savage,

Thank you for the welcome. I'm looking forward to trying this.

I am set up to go - I have downloaded the required software and libraries (from Paul's previous post). I am thinking of trying Dev_pascal as my IDE (with Paul's version of FPC).

I am looking for a sample or two of code to get me started. On the GP2X forum I downloaded a couple of simple games to try and convert from C++ to Pascal but I'm not sure where to start. Headers, conditionals, defines, etc.

A couple of source code examples of simple programs that I can compile to run on the gp2x (<name>.gpe) and via Ming (<name>.exe) on Windows would go a long way to getting me started.

Thanks again,
    Joe

Re: Source code?

[quote="JoeDonth"]Paul,

Have you posted the source code to your MB example?

I am new to GP2X programming and have been using C++ (with CodeBlock) and stumbled on a ]

Hi Joe,
    sorry I haven't uploaded any updates for a while now...life has been keeping me busy
    I will try and upload the final instructions in the next few days so you can use what I uploaded before to compile programs for the GP2X :-)

cheers,
    Paul.

GP2X Issues...

WooHoo!!
    I have updated the (http://fpc4gp2x.eonclash.com/) site with a simple sdl tutorial that compiles under Win32 and gp2x, and I have also written some documentation on how to set it all up!

I will start a new thread for working gp2x console development stuff like this :-)

Enjoy!!
    cheers,
    Paul.

GP2X Issues...

I have started another post (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...ic.php?p=34045) for all gp2x working stuff.

I will continue to post here if I have actual problems! :-)

Perhaps this would make a good news item or something?
    cheers,
    Paul.

GP2X Issues...

Great news Paul! Do you know if your changes will be incorporated into the next FPC release? Also it would nice for the FreePascal guys to post a news item and link to your site from their site.

You might also want to post an item into My Projects with a screen shot of the demo running. That way we can promote the post to being a news item. Posts to "Game Console Development" currently can't be news items.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Blog Entries

GP2X Issues...

Hey Paul, looks like you're being put to task this week huh?

Got one more suggestion for you when you have time. On the FPC Wiki there is a GP2X article. I'd recommend making an update to it adding whatever relevant information that you think will be of benefit, including a link to the FPC 4 GP2X project.

It'll help you get a full audience of those that would be interested in your efforts.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

GP2X Issues...

Hi Will,
    I have updated the http://wiki.freepascal.org/GP2X gp2x article on the freepascal wiki.

cheers,
    Paul.

GP2X Issues...

[quote="savage"]Great news Paul! Do you know if your changes will be incorporated into the next FPC release? Also it would nice for the FreePascal guys to post a news item and ]

Hi savage,
    I have posted an item into My Projects http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...?p=34080#34080 but I was not sure how to insert the screenshot except for the external link...

About being included into freepascal, I wouldn't have a clue :-)

cheers,
    Paul.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast