Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: GP2X Issues...

GP2X Issues...

ok I've upgraded you post to be a news item. With regard to being included FreePascal, I think you just need to contact the team and let them now that the port is ready.

Also what theme are you using on PGD? When making a post there should be a "Add Image to post" link just below the message body that you can use to embed images.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

GP2X Issues...

[quote="savage"]ok I've upgraded you post to be a news item. With regard to being included FreePascal, I think you just need to contact the team and let them now that the port is ready.

Also what theme are you using on PGD? When making a post there should be a "Add Image to post" ]

Thanks for the upgrade

I will contact the freepascal team about the port.

I am using board style: subSilver.
    Do I need Internet Explorer to get the "Add Image to post" option?
    I am using Firefox...

cheers,
    Paul

GP2X Issues...

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls
    Ah, that would be it then. That did not have the proper code. I have just made a change, so you should be able to see it in subSilver now.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

GP2X Issues...

Quote Originally Posted by savage
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls
    Ah, that would be it then. That did not have the proper code. I have just made a change, so you should be able to see it in subSilver now.
    Thanks! That was quick! :-)

I have now posted a message on the freepascal community about my work http://community.freepascal.org:1000...forum_id=24081
    cheers,
    Paul.

GP2X Issues...

Hi all :-)

I need to pick the brains of you freepascal and assembly (ARM) people out there :-)

If I have an assembly file that is in text format like so:

asmlib.s
    Code:
    @ gp2x demo article code by Dzz
    @ this code is placed in the public domain.  do anything you want with it.

.align 4
    	.globl OpenFile
    	.globl CloseFile
    	.globl WriteFile
    	.globl MUnmap
    	.globl ChangeDir
    	.globl ExecuteFile
    	.globl MMap
    	.globl Ioctl3

OpenFile&#58;
    	swi #0x900005
    	mov pc, lr

CloseFile&#58;
    	swi #0x900006
    	mov pc, lr

WriteFile&#58;
    	swi #0x900004
    	mov pc, lr

MUnmap&#58;
    	swi #0x90005B
    	mov pc, lr

ChangeDir&#58;
    	swi #0x90000C
    	mov pc, lr

ExecuteFile&#58;
    	swi #0x90000B
    	mov pc, lr

Ioctl3&#58;
    	swi #0x900036
    	mov pc, lr

MMap&#58;
    	stmdb sp!, &#123;r0, r1, r2, r3&#125;
    	mov r0, sp
    	swi #0x90005A
    	add sp, sp, #16
    	mov pc, lr
    and a c header file like this (Before conversion to pascal)
    library.h
    Code:
    extern int OpenFile&#40;char *pszFile, int nMode&#41;;
    extern void CloseFile&#40;int nFile&#41;;
    extern int WriteFile&#40;int fd, void *pBuffer, int nLen&#41;;
    extern void *MMap&#40;void *pAddr, int nLen, int nProtection, int nFlags, int nFD, int nOff&#41;;
    extern void MUnmap&#40;void *p, int nSize&#41;;
    extern void ChangeDir&#40;char *pszDir&#41;;
    extern void ExecuteFile&#40;char *pszFile, int nZero1, int nZero2&#41;;
    extern int Ioctl3&#40;int fd, unsigned int ulFunction, unsigned int ulParameter&#41;;
    does anyone know how I can compile the asmlib.s file and link the library routines to it so I can call them from freepascal?

I assume I would need to use the arm-linux-ld.exe, arm-linux-as.exe, etc. programs somehow...

or possibly the pccrossarm.exe cross-compiler?

cheers,
    Paul.

GP2X Issues...

I have figured it out (mostly).

I need to assembly the .s file first

Code:
    arm-linux-gcc.exe -c libgp2x_asm.s
    this creates the .o file.

I then have my unit I translated from the header file:

Code:
    Unit libgp2x;
    &#123;$link libgp2x_asm.o&#125;
    &#123;$linklib c&#125;

Interface

Uses
        CTypes;

Function  OpenFile&#40;pszFile&#58; PChar; nMode&#58; ctypes.cint32&#41;&#58; Integer;                          External;
    Procedure CloseFile&#40;nFile&#58; ctypes.cint32&#41;;                                                  External;
    Function  MMap&#40;pAddr&#58; Pointer; nLen,nProtection,nFlags,nFD,nOff&#58; ctypes.cint32&#41;&#58; Pointer;   External;
    Procedure MUnmap&#40;p&#58; Pointer; nSize&#58; ctypes.cint32&#41;;                                         External;
    Procedure ChangeDir&#40;pszDir&#58; PChar&#41;;                                                         External;
    Procedure ExecuteFile&#40;pszFile&#58; PChar; nZero1,nZero2&#58; ctypes.cint32&#41;;                        External;
    Procedure RestartMenu;
    &#123;
    extern int OpenFile&#40;char *pszFile, int nMode&#41;;
    extern void CloseFile&#40;int nFile&#41;;
    extern void *MMap&#40;void *pAddr, int nLen, int nProtection, int nFlags, int nFD, int nOff&#41;;
    extern void MUnmap&#40;void *p, int nSize&#41;;
    extern void ChangeDir&#40;char *pszDir&#41;;
    extern void ExecuteFile&#40;char *pszFile, int nZero1, int nZero2&#41;;
    extern void RestartMenu&#40;&#41;;
    &#125;
    Implementation

Procedure RestartMenu;
    Begin
        ChangeDir  &#40;PChar&#40;'/usr/gp2x'&#41;&#41;;
        ExecuteFile&#40;PChar&#40;'/usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu'&#41;, 0, 0&#41;;
    End;
    &#123;..............................................................................&#125;

&#123;..............................................................................&#125;
    End.
    The problem I now have is when I try and link in my libgp2x unit I get this error:

Code:
    Assembling engine3dtest
    Linking engine3dtest
    libgp2x.o&#58; In function `LIBGP2X_RESTARTMENU'&#58;
    libgp2x.pas&#58;&#40;.text+0x14&#41;&#58; undefined reference to `LIBGP2X_CHANGEDIR$PCHAR'
    libgp2x.pas&#58;&#40;.text+0x24&#41;&#58; undefined reference to `LIBGP2X_EXECUTEFILE$PCHAR$LONG
    INT$LONGINT'
    An error occured while linking engine3dtest
    Press any key to continue . . .
    For some reason the linker doesn't like my references in the RestartMenu procedure to the ChangeDir and ExecuteFile external routines...

Any ideas?
    cheers,
    Paul.

GP2X Issues...

It looks like I have figured it out

Code:
    Function  OpenFile&#40;pszFile&#58; PChar; nMode&#58; ctypes.cint32&#41;&#58; ctypes.cint32;                    Cdecl; External;
    Procedure CloseFile&#40;nFile&#58; ctypes.cint32&#41;;                                                  Cdecl; External;
    Function  MMap&#40;pAddr&#58; Pointer; nLen,nProtection,nFlags,nFD,nOff&#58; ctypes.cint32&#41;&#58; Pointer;   Cdecl; External;
    Procedure MUnmap&#40;p&#58; Pointer; nSize&#58; ctypes.cint32&#41;;                                         Cdecl; External;
    Procedure ChangeDir&#40;pszDir&#58; PChar&#41;;                                                         Cdecl; External;
    Procedure ExecuteFile&#40;pszFile&#58; PChar; nZero1,nZero2&#58; ctypes.cint32&#41;;                        Cdecl; External;
    I was missing the Cdecl declaration for the external routines!

I will now be playing around with accessing the hardware of the gp2x directly using the above routines to see if I can get some graphics working faster on the gp2x

cheers,
    Paul.

GP2X Issues...

You could take a look to my gba and/or nds port. I have resolved issues like that, so you could save alot of time
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

GP2X Issues...

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas
    You could take a look to my gba and/or nds port. I have resolved issues like that, so you could save alot of time
    Thanks!
    I will take a look...I have already downloaded the fpc4nds stuff before but I hadn't had much of a look yet.

cheers,
    Paul.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567