Thread: Delphi 2007 for Win32

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Delphi 2007 for Win32

This is a bit late, but better late than never...

Delphi 2007 for Win32 was announced by CodeGear on 20th February and is due to ship this month.

From the press release...

New features and capabilities provided by Delphi for Win32 include:
    • Support for Microsoft Windows Vista and AJAX
    • Development on Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP or Vista, and deployment on Windows 2000, Windows XP and Vista
    • Microsoft MSBuild support for enhanced build flexibility and third-party support
    • A new DBX 4 database architecture that streamlines database connectivity
    • Built-in support for the latest versions of InterBase, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle and other RDBMSs
    • Themed application support
    • VCL support for Microsoft Windows Vista Aero glassing effects, Vista file dialogs and task dialogue components
    • VCL for the Web with AJAX support
    • Backwards compatibility with Developer Studio 2006 components from CodeGear
    You can pre-order your copy now. Pricing starts at $399 for an upgrade to the professional version (New user licence is $899). Upgrades to the Enterprise version are $1299 (New user licence is $1999).

For more information, check out the CodeGear Delphi 2007 for Win32 page here.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Delphi 2007 for Win32

so the pricing is still a joke then...

Delphi 2007 for Win32

Aren't the Turbo's cheaper?
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Delphi 2007 for Win32

Yes, they are.

Turbo Delphi Pro chips in at $399.

But from the looks of it (if my understanding is correct), until 31st March 2007, you can upgrade from a free explorer edition of Turbo Delphi to a Pro edition for $249.

Maybe worth checking out the on-line store.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Delphi 2007 for Win32

Any chance the current free tubro editions will be updated to this 2007 release?

Blog Entries

Delphi 2007 for Win32

Nick Hodges does a nice job of explaining the upgrade availability in one of his recent blogs.

Check it out here!

There have been some sentiment that it's impractical to have both a Turbo Delphi Professional and a Delphi 2007 for Win32 Professional. The two being a duplicate co0ncept of each other... a thought that Nick seems to, for the most part, see as a good question.

General hum around the blogs and the CodeGear site is that the Turbos will be continued and updated to newer versions in the future.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder