I'm not usually one for being a stickler to the rules, but I don't like rules being changed on the fly by the judges. If the rules are to be changed, change them and announce it to everyone.. don't just decide for yourselves.

The rules were defined and agreed before the competition was launched. The enterants have to obey those rules, so they read them, learn them and attempt to follow them as best as they can. It's not the job of the judges to suddenly change the rules because it's inconvenient for them. If something was inconvenient, it should have been discussed beforehand.

I also have a problem with the tone of the initial post. (Sorry if it seems like I'm bashing, I'm not, I just want to see a more professional tone taken on here) The entrants project was openly bashed on a public thread by one of the judges because it was presented in an unfamiliar language using an installer (neither of which are forbidden). This could have been resolved in a much more polite manner by sending an email to the enterant. In respect to the apparent copyrighted music, are you sure they don't have permission? If you're not sure, you should email them, warning that copyrighted material is not permitted without permission. If they don't respond, they're obviously not interested in competing and can be disqualified, if they have permission but didn't say, fine, they should amend their readme to clarify. But don't bash publicly.

Let's remember what these competitions are for, they're to promote Pascal game development and a friendly community. How is that achieved with threads like this?