Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speedup: basics

Speedup: basics

Quote Originally Posted by Rojekti
    Does it make the program heavier in memory usage etc. when I load them straight from folder to AsphyreImages and destroy everything in the end? I load all the images in the beginning so there will be no loading of new images when the game has started..
    No, this is exactly the suggested behavior with Asphyre 4 (although you can be loading images "on-the-fly"). An expection to this: if you are using render targets or dynamic textures, you will have to re-create them after the device has been recovered from lost state (they will be released automatically).

Mmm, yes yes. Thanks for information!

But now I got one familiar problem.. so, the Ultimate Decimal Problem has appeared also with Asphyre now. I was just converting the whole game from DelphiX to Asphyre and when I finally got the code itself compiling with no errors, (umm, "with no errors") it threw the traditional "1077,0000293953 is an invalid integer value".

In this thread I cried about this problem. I tried the mentioned codes.. neither one didn't work:

Code:
    Set8087CW((Default8087CW and $FCFF) or $0200);
    or

Code:
    SetPrecisionMode(pmDouble);
    The first one did help with DelphiX but what about Asphyre? They didn't help![/url]
    Making ultimate rpg with thousands of years and every time new random history, people, world....

It is possible that Asphyre sets the precision to single when it is initialized. So make sure you set pmdouble later in the program, after Asphyre has been set up.
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg

Hmm. Doesn't help. It's always the same number; "1077.00<something>...".. And the error shows even when I turn the whole program off; it doesn't do anything, and I shut it down.

Hmm. Weird..
    Making ultimate rpg with thousands of years and every time new random history, people, world....

I have no clue about what that might be. In fact, I haven't ever experienced it. So I can't help you there. Are you loading something that is a float value? Or perhaps, outputting something into a string that is a floating point value?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojekti
    Hmm. Doesn't help. It's always the same number; "1077.00<something>...".. And the error shows even when I turn the whole program off; it doesn't do anything, and I shut it down.

Hmm. Weird..
    Why don't you debug your program to see exactly where the problem occurs? Also, any reason you need to use double-precision floating point numbers? AFAIK, using double-precision with Direct3D reduces the performance.

Oh well, now it works! Maybe I placed those fixing codes in a wrong places.

Well, I'll be here soon if more problems appears :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12